Author Topic: 1 YEAR Post-Surgery by Mr Levick on 16-01-2014 : (98 photos)  (Read 39579 times)

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Hello everyone and a much belated Happy 2015!

To those of you who's new year resolution is to 'get fixed' I wish you well - best money you'll ever spend!

Just like my last posting, I've been trying hard not to obsess over the miniscule changes. I deliberately haven't taken any photos for ages - so much so I actually forgot to take any at the one year recovery stage, which I *did* intend to do! Never mind!

Nips have just about evened out now I'm pleased to report. I doubt anyone would notice at all. There was quite a kind of 'dent' on left side for a long while, but that has pretty much gone now too. Still a good lump of scar tissue in that side; I did contact Mr Levick recently about it and he invited me to pop in, I just haven't had the time! - but will do soon.

My good intentions to lose that bit of extra weight didn't materialise. And then came Xmas. Oh dear. So got a bit more to lose now! With summer in sight, and thoughts of braving the beach topless for first time since I was a kid, I really must make the effort!

I will get around to taking some more photos, but for my own satisfaction and a true fair comparison, I need to get down to the same bodyweight again as surgery day. My left side still seems a little 'fuller' than the right, although seems to be slowly evening out. Again, not sure if that is late swelling that is still subsiding, or the result of lump of scar tissue under there, or a general increase in body fat evening things out. So again, not a fair before/after at the moment as could be any of those things, or a combination of course.

Fact is I look totally normal, even 'not bad at all' in a T-shirt, and that was what I wanted when I set out on this journey.  ;D

So there we are - I've not disappeared, will be back again with more photos in coming months I promise!

Right, looks like I have a whole load of new threads to get acquainted with!
Hello again donut,have you seen Dr Levick recently? I wen't again today and got the steroid jab in the left side. Looking forward to see how your chest is looking as we both had the surgery at similar times.

And to everyone else I'd advise visiting every 3-4 months just to get a update as to how your chest is looking as the appointments are really easy to book. If anyone has any questions pm me as i'll be online for the next week or so

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Thanks  :)

As I say I've put quite a bit of weight on over last year, well last 6 months mostly. Not weighed lately but I reckon 2 stone since surgery. Not proud!!

Might have to start blogging regular weigh-ins til I get back down to surgery day weight, then you can all suffer some more photos!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Well I hadn't quite put on 2 stone since surgery day, but 23lbs pretty disgusting!  :'(

Getting a grip again... 4lbs of that gone again! 19 more to go, then you can have some more photos!

Offline christaum

Hey donut, happy to hear your story and impressed with the way you documented everything. Very helpfull! If possible can you post a recent picture of the nipple and how it turned out? Thanks!!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Yes I promise to post more pics when I'm back to 11 stone - same as all the other photos - so that comparison is fair and accurate reflection.

But all is pretty good I think - still some scar tissue, but otherwise all OK!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Good to hear from you Donut.

Are you finding that there is accumulation of fat in the chest area with the weight gain?

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Good question!

No, I can't say that weight has gone on chest any more or less than anywhere else... Which is good!! - just an even layer all over  :o

It'll be gone by May hopefully!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Good question!

No, I can't say that weight has gone on chest any more or less than anywhere else... Which is good!! - just an even layer all over  :o

It'll be gone by May hopefully!

I'm sure you'll lose it soon enough. I've lost 3 stones over the last 8 months since surgery, so its definitely possible, and from your earlier pictures it appears you have a fast metabolism so thats on your side.

It's interesting nonetheless that you have put fat on in the chest area, as Mr Levick normally says that unless someone puts on a ridiculous amount of weight on, the fat should never accumulate in the chest area again as all the fat cells are taken out during surgery.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Well if you look at my "burger shot" and surgery stats I had hardly any fat removed, presumably as reasonably slim at the time - so guess I still have the fat cells and hence get an even spread of fat which looks normal.

It would look very weird to put on fat everywhere apart from chest? - could potentially end up with craters?!

Thing is even though I'm a little overweight (but it is only a little in reality - size 34 jeans are comfy, 32 a bit tight) - my chest looks perfectly normal and in proportion to the rest of me. Surely that has to be the test of good aesthetic surgery?

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Your story and advice on here is commendable. Anyone thinking about surgery really should read your full thread. Thanks Donut.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
 :) Thanks...

Reading everyone else's stories was a huge incentive for me and kept me going through a time in my life when raising the funds was a serious challenge that few others would even have dared contemplate in the circumstances!

So I felt I 'owed it' to the community here and all those who are still suffering to do my bit too.

The reason I've not posted pics recently is as I say I want to get back down to same bodyweight as previous pics to give a proper true and honest record of how my surgery turned out. Pics are coming, but a few weeks away yet as still got a stone to lose!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024