Author Topic: Surgery done by Mr levick 26th Feb 2014  (Read 6894 times)

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Sounds good. I adjusted my binder every morning with help from a friend. I found that it either wasn't as tight as before the next morning or I had to push my shoulders forwards to keep it from falling down.

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Day 6 and a half

Couldn't survive another night without a proper shower and wearing "that" bandage. Only half a day left with it so i thought i'd take it off and swop to my compression vest.

So first look at my chest. I am so happy, yes they are indented and swollen and bruised and ...... BUT compared to how it was i'm amazed.

So here are them before and 2 mins after the bandage came off.

I knew i had a bit of timber round my middle, but now i look and feel fat as hell. Can't wait to get back in the gym.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
That's pretty much exactly how my chest looked when I took the dressings off.

Looks nice and flat, congratulations.

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Thanks mate, it's nice to get others opinions.

If mine ends up as good as yours i'll be over the moon.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Looking pretty good so far! - just brace yourself for the roller-coaster ride ahead... chest will swell up in due course, and you'll wonder if its actually any different than before - but just keep looking back at the 'burger shot' to remind you how much has been chopped out and that the swelling will go down again eventually, whereas all that gunk would NEVER have gone away without surgery no matter what you did!

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
I'm now just 2 weeks and 2 days after surgery.

As you can see bruising is nearly gone and swelling has really gone down.

I ran a mile today on the treadmill and not a bit of pain or any discomfort and did light arm workout.I do feel like i could do lots more,
but common sense is telling me to take it really easy and not upset anything. Not alot of feeling in my chest still but it's what i expected as i have
a long way to go yet.

Compression vest is not bothering me at all, feels nice to be held together actually. But when i take it off for a shower it's such a relief to have it off
for just 20 mins.

I'm happy as hell still with my results so far, hopefully it continues to improve over next few weeks/months.

Offline djrix187

• Posting Member
Your results are looking good. I'm on day 15 post op today and am now able to take off my compression vest, so now I only need to wear it at night for 2 more weeks. I still can't feel my chest, but it does feel a little painful when I try to walk with my shoulders back. I spent the day without a vest on and it felt a little bit odd, I kind of preferred it with the vest on, I think I just need to get used to it.

I was thinking about lifting some weights (bicep curls), but I think I should hold off for another 2 weeks.

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Your results are looking good. I'm on day 15 post op today and am now able to take off my compression vest, so now I only need to wear it at night for 2 more weeks. I still can't feel my chest, but it does feel a little painful when I try to walk with my shoulders back. I spent the day without a vest on and it felt a little bit odd, I kind of preferred it with the vest on, I think I just need to get used to it.

I was thinking about lifting some weights (bicep curls), but I think I should hold off for another 2 weeks.
I had surgery with Levick about 3 and a half weeks ago. After 2 weeks I was sprinting on the treadmill and training fully apart from bench press. After 3 weeks i'm starting to bench but going lightly. I also only wear the vest at nights after the first 2 weeks.

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Don't overdo it. Listen to the surgeons advice, why rush back to training, take a month off at least. You risk causing damage to healing tissue, this equals more Scar tissue. A few months down the line, when you've got big lumps of it behind your nipples, you may wish you'd just relaxed and given yourself time to heal

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I would agree: Don't rush!!

I'm still wearing vest 24/7 and it is 2 months for me tomorrow. As Mr Levick said: "you can't have compression too tight or for too long! - the best results come from most/longest compression"

2-3 weeks seems far too early to be exercising from everything I've read over several years... Also gentle walking is just as good and effective exercise as jogging or running - it just takes longer. The difference is walking doesn't shake about all that tissue that is trying to heal (especially if you're not wearing your vest) and also doesn't increase the blood flow so much, which in turn can cause increased swelling - Mr Levick told me that.

Would advise dropping Mr Levick an email for advice on your training - you don't want to be regretting it in a few weeks time.

Offline gj94x

• Posting Member
Your results are really good Ian, thanks for sharing mate

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Thanks mate, i appreciated seeing others results before going to surgery so thought i needed to do the same.

Well it's been 3 weeks and 3 days since surgery and now have compression vest on through the day and off during the night. I did try off during the day but i didn't feel right, think i've just got used to wearing it and sort of miss it when i'm not wearing it, only makes sense i guess if you've been through it.

Weirdest thing i've been getting is a numbness feeling just above my elbow on my right hand side. Now i know this is from the surgery as the very first few days when i moved i would get a twinge in that exact area, and now as i'm healing it stopped twinging and now the numbness. I'm not worried at all about it, i guess as my chest heals it will get better just strange, don't think i've read anyone else having this.

No feeling as of yet has returned around the nipple area feels strange to touch and just can't feel a thing, like it's not part of your body. Started massaging during showering lumps and bumps feel alot more than what i can see in a mirror. I can now easily put my arms above my head without any discomfort.

I'm still very happy with how it's all gone, i have took photos but not putting them on this time i will wait for a few more weeks then put a side by side montage to show the changes.

Offline gj94x

• Posting Member
How are you getting on now Ian?

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Going well thanks. I'm 5 weeks today and now i'm able to take my compression vest off full time. Feels strange walking around without it on, the chest feels sensitive where my top is rubbing. Think it's going to take some getting used to.

I'm really happy with my results, my expectations were low anyway, so think that helps as i feel my results are far better than i could of hoped for. I've still got some swelling and tonight i'm going to start massaging with bio oil while i lounge and watch tv. Up till now i've only used shower gel for 5mins in shower so going to aim for half an hour and see if the swelling reduces.

No feeling in my nips what so ever, i don't think i ever will doesn't worry me though as long as they don't go black n fall off!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024