Author Topic: well i did it  (Read 5852 times)

Offline EvDog

• Posting Member
yeah i finally got the surgery done.  It cost roughly over 4000 with dr. muiderman of grand forks north dakota. now is one day after the surgery and the pain isnt too bad after taking hydrocodone pills.  with the compression vest and swollen-ness i can already see that my chest is sculpted better and shirts sit better on my body.  they have pumps under my skin which are pulling out the liquid/blood build-up in my chest.  Im very nervous to actually see what it looks like, like i hope that my areolas (areoli?) are in the right place and stuff  :-\ ... but the surgeon, dr. muiderman, was very nice and understanding (plus he makes and plays his own guitars, how cool is that?  ;D) and so far he is really great.  i will post pre-op and post-op pics later.  are there any special ways you can tell me to make healing go as smoothly as possible?

Offline EvDog

• Posting Member
also, i cant feel my areola on both sides  they are very numb, does ths eventually go away or am i stuck with it? :-/

GynO_DuDe

Great news. Your areolas 'might' get slight sensation back after months of healing ... but generally the nerves are permenently damaged. But lets be honest, small price to pay to be titless for the rest of your life ...

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I regained full sensation back within a few months

Offline EvDog

• Posting Member
i have a check up tomorrow and ill get some info and ill fll you all in on what the doc says about everything.  ill also have some pictures up soon :)

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I was the same as Krypto.  I regained all sensitivity in each of my nipples within a few months after surgery.  It's generally kind of annoying because when the nerves start "coming back", they tingle a lot of the time and are very sensitive.  It's good to wear the compression vest for about a month and a half or two months after the surgery as well.  That sounds awful, but it will really help in the long run, trust me.  I was very eager to rip my compression vest off, but I wish I would've kept it on longer now.  It will help the results in the long run.

Other than that, take it easy for the first month. 

Good luck!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline EvDog

• Posting Member
 i went to the doctor yesterday and the pumps are still pulling out too much fluid so ill keep them in for a while more.  I became very faint and nauseated as the bandages were removed from my chest so i couldnt bring myself to look but the doctor said he was very pleased with the results and my mother said i will be happy.  right now my chest feels very swollen & hopefully that will go down soon.  The compression vest i have was too big so the doctor said i could go buy some of those skin tight under armour shirts, 2 sizes smaller than usual, and they should have the same effects of a good compression vest.  ill prolly wear the really tight shirts for a very long time. i dont want to screw this up...

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
EvDog,
That underarmor shirt might not be tight enough. I bought an ACE bandage made for the lower back. You wrap it around your upper back and it has vecro straps in the front. Works like a charm!

Offline EvDog

• Posting Member
yeah i have a feeling you are right, where can i get one of those? if it matters, the size of under armor compresion shirt i bought is a small... but i feel i could get tighter.. prolly take some ace bandage and wrap it tightly around me...  send me the link to one of those bandages please?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:29:50 PM by EvDog »

Offline EvDog

• Posting Member
also noticed that my right side, which was more bruised and more blood was being pulled out of it, is more swollen.  is that normal?  its a week after surgery.  when does the swelling fully disappear?

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
EvDog,
I went to a Wallgreens to get the ACE bandage (not sure if you have one where you live)

Google: Walgreens Ace Contoured Back Support

This is the one I bought and it works great! It breaths and has a double elastic strap.  So far it's not sliding up and down my back like I was worried about.

I'm two days post-op and feel a lot better than I thought.  I won't see my nipples until Wednesday, but from what I saw after surgery it looks great.

Offline nzwelly

• Posting Member
hm i had surgery 2 months ago, and all i had was 2 drains in on each side for 3 days, and a sticker on each of my nipples.

no vest.

and i came out of surgery with a flat chest and no bruising or swelling

i had encesion n lipo 2.

why do u need da vest? my chest is almost perfect now.
i feel sorry for people who have to wear those irritating vests for months on end ect.
i dont see da need, if i didnt need them.

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
Well nzwelly...it sounds like you are da man!

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
sorry guys, but im a little confused....do you use the ace bandage around your waist after you put on our compression shirt, or do you wrap the ace bandage around your chest?

Offline mike888

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024