Author Topic: 28 days later... Dr. Jeffords in Atlanta  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Freedatlast

• Posting Member
Just had my 4 week check in today with Dr. Jeffords in Smyrna, Ga (just outside Atlanta). I can't post pics here on my ad, but he did an awesome job - removed two liters of fat from my chest and a small chunk of glandular tissue from each side. He gave me a cd of my pictures, both before and after, but I doubt I can post them just now. He is awesome; very friendly and easy to het along with, and his staff is wonderful too. The hospital staff was also really terrific. I spent 4,500 dollars and it is SO worth it!

The first two weeks were tough with swelling and all, but now I am starting to feel totally normal again. Just a little soreness when I move or press my chest with my fingers. A small crease is there on my nipples, but the doctor says that will subside as the scars soften and fade. Doesn't look too bad and it isn't at all noticeable with a tight underarmor shirt on. Just a little hardness where the stitches were that are causing the crease. Nothing else to detract from an otherwise totally flat chest. Also the marks where drains were are still visible, but it's only a month out, so that's expected.

The difference in my chest is amazing. Night and day. I think I will be the doctor's new poster boy! I still can't believe how much crap is gone from my body. It was distributed quite evenly around the chest area and Dr. Jeffords lipo-ed from my collar bone to my ribs and under my armpit area. So it all is smooth and flat as can be. Of course, I need to loose some weight and start working out once it's safe to do so. I want to be 'beach ready' by the spring  I guess this was the right time of year to get it done, so if you are on the fence, go do it... After researching who would be most qualified in your area. He'll, travel, if needed! It's a great feeling to be freed of the gyno curse!

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Looking forward to getting my surgery done with him as well as soon as I save the money up. Can you describe the chronology of the events taking place to the surgery? And how soon did you get back to work? How was the aftercare garments? Good to hear your story:)

Offline Freedatlast

• Posting Member
 First, of course, was the consultation - 100 dollars credited towards the surgery. I was surprised at how much time the doctor spent with me and just how enjoyable the whole experience was in general. I was shown dozens of before and after shots while the doctor explained what could be done for me and how the healing process would evolve. Afterwards I decided to move forward with it and we set up a date with the local facility where the surgery would be done - it's only an exit away off of 285 and really a nice place.

The day of the surgery was difficult, of course. Anesthesia is not really fun. Knocked me before I knew what hit me and just woke up - few hours later feeling as if I had drunk a bottle of Jack Daniels the night before. I was already fitted with one of the two compression garments supplied over an under armor shirt I had brought (note: I found that some compression shirts from Target did really the same thing for cheaper and I didn't have to pay for shipping either. I got three shirts total as one needs to wear them for a while during the healing).

There isn't much pain involved at all. You will get a prescription for some pain killers (again, I got generic stuff which worked well) and a muscle relaxant (which made me nauseous the first time I took it but not afterwards. Also a course of antibiotics is needed. I think I spent about $40.00 maximum on the Meds.

The vest isn't really too bad to wear. You get used to it and since the weather has cooled off, I don't mind having it on at all.

The first few days were kind of tough, but mostly fro the pain killers making me groggy. I rested and slept a lot for about 4 days and then had the drains removed (on the fourth day). That wasn't fun, but they gave me a local anesthetic and an ice pack so it was tolerable. I was numb for like two days afterwards, though! Strange feeling - or lack thereof. Then the next 10 days are ok, not too bad, and I was back at work but took it kind of slow and easy. During the day I used some ibuprofen so I wouldn't be groggy and just used the pain killers mostly at night because they helped me to sleep. I was sleeping on my back for those two weeks but the doctor said it wasn't really mandatory. Figure 4 days off from work is all that's needed. The drains were the worst part of it all it feels liberating to have them removed.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can't really judge the results for the first three weeks or so. Every day brings changes. At first I was wondering if I did the right thing and then at my one month check-up, the doctor showed me my before pics and I realized how correct i was to have taken this step:)

Offline xelnaga13

Drains removed after 4 days ? Wow. I had mine in for 2 weeks and I had very mild gyno. The drains were really the worst part of the whole surgery. Especially when you are trying to keep your surgery to yourself. I am curious about the amount you had lypo'd... My doctor couldnt provide me with exact numbers... So id love to see pics. Glad you're doing well!

Offline Freedatlast

• Posting Member
The drains were the worst part, really. The amazing thing is that the drains came out relatively quickly despite having had such a drastic surgery. I mean, 2 liters plus glandular tissue (not sure how much, but maybe a teaspoon or so from each side) is a lot of sh*t!

Things are looking good now. I know that one really has to wait a good 3 months to heal well enough to truly gauge the success of the operation, especially where two liters of fat were involved! Now really only the scarring is an issue - looking good so far but still in the healing phase. The chest is flat and even and looking better than since I was 15 :)

For how long did you have the vest on? Dr. Jeffords recommends 6 weeks.

If you pm me your email address, I can send the jpegs. Getting them loaded here is proving difficult. Dr. Jeffords was really great so I wanted to post this report to let people know that he does a fine job, even on a difficult case such as mine. He also has the surgery himself so he understands it well.

Offline xelnaga13

I kept my vest on 24/7 for a solid 4 weeks. After that my doc. told me just to wear it for weight lifting and running. My nipple scares are almost impossible to see. I have 2 small scares from the drains and 2 small scares at the base of my check where they must have put the lypo mechanism in.

I know a lot of people discuss scares on here... but honestly I would still be happy even if i had twice the scares. Being able to have great posture and wear a tshirt without a second thought makes it worth while.

Offline andersonATL

• Posting Member
I just had gyne surgery with Dr. Jeffords yesterday.  I agree, his consolation is very laid back and informative.  He spends lots of time getting to know you, explaining the procedures, and showing you his previous patients.  Before my surgery he told me he had done two gyne surgeries the previous day so he is warmed up. haha. I feel like he knows what he is doing, he has perfomed gyne surgery hundreds of times, and cant wait to see my results.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024