Author Topic: Dr. Samuel Pearl Mountain View CA. Gettin em gone tomorrow  (Read 4030 times)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
 It's been a hell of a day. Drove 6 hours to Mountain view CA. Very cool town. Beautiful mountains and reservoirs surround the city. Had a pre op visit today. I got to express what I wanted out of the procedure. I love the fact Dr. Pearl asked me what bugged me. I told him the sides going back to my wings and the upper outer fat next to my armpits. So he's nabbing that too. Incision with vaser lipo. Im kickin back at a motel watching Game of Thrones with my brother. Just took a 10 mg valium. I take one more in the morn on my way to surgery. If I live I'll write more tomorrow.lol. I told my brother if he came down here and helped me out I'd buy him beer on Sat night so he could party ;D. Im now going into the sleepy zone. See you on the other side tomorrow. Night!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:31:09 PM by jay adams »

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Haha if you live....

I went through that... I read too much about General Anesthetic and got all freaked out and told my girlfriend I thought I was gonna die...

We'll hear from you soon :)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Thanks McGilli. Once you've gone this far and paid for it there isn't much you can do but walk in there like a soldier and get it over with.haha

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
That was cool. Woke up this morning, took a valium, headed down to the office and faced the music. The song of the moment was more like Tom Petty " free fallin ". Woke up disoriented and gyne free. They had oldies playing when I came to. I have a post op appointment tomorrow at 11:00. I'll post pre and post pics asap. 2 pounds in all removed. Pain med time...

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Does anyone know if I can have a sub sandwich today. I don't feel nauseous at all. I had chicken noodle soup a few hours ago. Man, a sandwich sounds good. I know I won't get sick I'm just not sure about the healing process. Thanks.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
There's not any restriction on food. The most important thing is to drinks lots and lots of fluids for the first few days. Well, and every day if you can.

Took me days to finally get my fluids flowing again. I hated that sooooo much. And I drink a lot of water.

I can't even remember what I ate after my first surgery - but I remember it wasn't anything unusual - just all the same stuff.

Except I was having it served to me since I wasn't supposed to move!

Glad to hear you didn't die :)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Praise the Lord I'm still here. Haha. It wasn't bad at all actually. I've had worse injuries skateboarding. I feel the most in my ribcage. I asked him to go back on the sides as much as possible. I've seen photos of people who still have the fat on the sides and didn't want that left. I think that's what's effecting the ribs. The rest feels like I did a good chest session. Dr.Pearls gonna change the wraps today and I'll try to take some photos. Its amazing how fast and simple the surgery was to get rid of all that depression. I wish we could make a donation for a raffle for a young man once a year who can't afford this procedure. Screen the patients and make sure They're too poor to afford it. IDK! Its just sad how bad this effects so many from grabbing life by the horns. Well, I'll try to get those photos up today.   

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Just got back from my post op visit and all I can say is "WOW". Dr.Pearl is the man. Barely any swelling or bruising just one day after surgery. I feel great. I looks so good.I'll post pics once I get home. Dr.Pearl told me i could go home "6 hours" if I want to but I think I'll chill in the motel for one more night and enjoy Northern Cali. Thank you everyone on the site for donating your valuable knowledge.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Sorry guys. I tried to post some photos tonight but no luck. I might have the wrong format. I'll try again in the morning.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Here's some photos one day after. I had hardly any bruising or swelling. I had surgery on Friday and I still don't have any swelling. Does anyone know if I will still swell up?

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
No - not everyone swells up.

I get the feeling that less swelling is sometimes due to surgeons skill, but of course everyone's body reacts differently to healing also.

But no bruising either?

Impressive!

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I little bruising. Not much though. More on my lats than my chest.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Hello guys. It's Tuesday the ninth. I woke up this morning and checked out the results. They're getting better everyday. Its funny cause I thought I would look deformed this early along. My wife told me it looks great and totally natural. That makes sense because when my wife and I were looking for a surgeon we both thought Dr.Pearls patients all looked natural with very minimal scars if any at all. Also, Dr. Pearl has donated his skills to underprivileged children with no income and we thought that was honorable. Also want to thank Dr. Jacobs for the great advice concerning picking a surgeon. Yippee! I'll post more pics next week after things settle a bit more. Thanks.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Good morning everyone. I posted some one week post op pics in the user photo forum. I'm feeling insanely great. All the health food and positive mental well being makes you feel like you're glowing. My doc was aware I'm a broke man when I left his office. It would have cost me another 150.00 round trip to drive back and have my stitches removed. I let him know before I left that I had removed them before and he told me if I was confident enough to do it then go for it. I took em out yesterday and saved myself 150 bucks. It was no prob. My nipples look great. The entry points up by the clavicle are already gone:) The ones under the nipple are barely visible. When I left Dr. Pearls office last week I asked him if I should do anything about the scars and he said "Don't worry about them. They won't be visible shortly"
I'm very happy right now and I'd urge anyone thinking about doing this surgery to save like crazy to do it. Thanks everyone...

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
How's it going gentleman? Just posting a update. I called my PS nurse to ask her a question or two.

First thing was when do I take these foam pads out? She started crackin up. She told me to take em out and throw em in the trash. I've been wearing those damn thing the this whole time.haha. Im flat as hell too.

She asked me how it feels when I sleep on my side and I let her know I've been sleeping on my back ever since the surgery. She started laughing again and told me its cool to sleep on my side. Both sides of my chest are pretty even and she said sleeping on your side can cause one side to get bigger than the other. I got lucky there:)

And my last query, how long to take Arnica for? She said I'd know when to stop taking it when the bruising becomes yellow. After that it isn't really helping fix anything anymore.

I also started walking on the treadmill today. Im keeping my heart rate around 100 bpm to not raise the blood pressure too high this week.

Ill post some more picks next week as my swelling is going away everyday. Got my fingers crossed no wrenches get thrown in my game.

Thanks everyone.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024