Author Topic: Finally  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
After 20+ years of hell with Gyne, hopefully it is over.  Had surgery Dec 19th.  Lipo with vaser under general anestesia.  Surgery went well although I must admit when I woke up to haveing a pressure garmet put on I was in the most severe pain I have ever had.  To top it off my IV must have infiltrated during application of garmet and pain med nurse gave me did not work.  had to restart iv.  Was not her fault though.  After 2 mg dilaudid.  pain was tolerable and has not been that severe since.  Nurse ask me if I needed anything to drink and I told her a couple shots of tequilla.  lol Actually now it is mostly soreness.  Chest is swollen but still smaller than before.  I think I am going to be happy with results.  Drains draining some blood and residual air.  Air feels kind of funny under skin, burns at times but I massage it toward drains and watch it go into tube.  Feels better then.  I have found that putting under armour under pressure garmet makes it not cut into swollen areas as bad.  On plenty of narcotics right now but I am feeling pretty good.  Felt a little queezy right after surgery but drove with wife 4.5 hours home and was feeling good about half way home.  
My wife and I spoke a lot about what this surgery meant to me and we connected on a different level.  She is very understanding and I am lucky I have her.

Only dreading drain removal now.  Hardest thing in a way is just sitting around and not being able to do physical things
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Post op day 2.
Woke up sore but not bad at all.  Most pain is from soreness with occassional burning in chest but I think its due when drain moves.  Took bandage off today and took shower.  Not too bad.  Chest is flatter than I have ever seen it.  Still some swelling but I am very pleased so far.  Wish I would have done this a long time ago.  Nurse told me they took 400cc from right side and 450cc from left.  That seems like quite a lot but I don't know if that accounts for the saline/lidocaine soln as well.  Pain pills are getting old though.  Getting tired of feeling drugged.  I hate the itching.  Percocet can cause me to have a slight itch anyway but adding the compression devices multiplies it.  ERRRG.  Need some vistaril to help with itching.  Anyway, its a small price to pay for good results.  

I am dreading drain removal.  How bad is pain?????

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Drain removal was not too bad.  Left drain was stuck to some tissue and hurt a little more as it cam out but not bad at all..  Glad to have them removed.  don't have to mess with them and they were uncomfortable rubbing against muscles.  Anyway, only pain now is generalized soreness in shoulder/ axillary area.  Nips are still numb.  Bruising getting better.  The itching from compression vest are driving me CRAZY.  However, its a small price to pay.

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
YEAH man I couldn't sleep from that freaking itching last night.  How am I supposed to heal if I can't sleep~!

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Been a couple weeks since an update.  Doing very well.  My surgery has went well from my perspective.  Went for my 3 week check up and Dr. Jeffords was pleased with progress.  I still have some mild edema that should be getting better over next few months.  He wants me to start doing the lymphatic massage now.  I started it today and I will warn you that it does increase sorenesss at least starting out but the outcome should be worth it.  Insertion sites are healing perfectly.  My doctor and myself both would recommend wearing the under armour(any brand) along with the compression vest.  Gives better results.  Still wants me to wait a few more weeks before starting any cardio to make sure the edema gets better.  I realize that everyone can't have surgery or it is difficult to afford but my opinion is it is worth it!  I know its still early but I am glad I went threw with it.

Furthermore I want to mention how good Dr. Jeffords has been.  His staff worked with me in arranging surgical time and appointments very well.  They made me feel at home in the office and it was like no typical doctors visit.  In fact Dr. Jeffords even took time out of his Saturday today to see me for a checkup since I had to drive 4.5 hours and that way I did not have to miss work.  That was over and beyond what he had to do.  I would recomend him and if anyone wants to ask any specific questions then send a message or post a question and I would try to answer.  I know there are many very qualified surgeons around the country but if you live around Atlanta then give him a call.

Offline gynoman1

• Posting Member
How old were you when you had your surgery?  I am considering surgery at 40 and wondering if odds of greater success are at a younger age.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024