Author Topic: Just completed surgery 09/10 and Need help!! Pics Added!  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Johnnysoto11

Hello all my name is John and as you can see I am a new user on this informative website.  I recently had the opportunity to have Gynecomastia surgery done here in Ny at Bellevue Hospital.

I have been suffering from enlarged breasts ever since I was a child (I am currently 25 Years old), no matter how much exercise or weight I would lose, I would still have them.  So after much thinking I had the surgery done last Monday.  The surgeon explained too me that he would perform Liposuction to remove the fat and would have 2 Incisions done under the breasts to bring down the excess skin. 

Surgery went well but I was left with a'lot of pain and a Jackson-Pratt drains dangling from both my sides.  I am not too worried about the Incisions even though they are noticeable, what I am truly worried about is the symmetry between both breasts.  I feel the right breast is larger than the left but both are numb.

My concern is if this is normal to have one side large than another? My chest is still is Numb so I'm assuming this very swollen? I'm sorry I am not very knowledgable in this field so any help would be great.  Thank you and have a great day!!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
One thing of which I am sure is that you will not really have a good idea of the final result for at least a couple of months.

Another thing of which I am sure is that the binder was put there to help prevent post operative swelling. Leave it in place or you can expect your breasts to swell. If you have a lot of post operative swelling, it could take months to go down.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
It could be that you're still swelling, so that's why the right side seems bigger than the left, but I can't tell from the pictures; both sides look about even to me.

Try not to worry about it too much, right now. Like Paa_Paw said, it's going to take several months before you can even guess as to what the final results will look like. You'll get a general idea, but your body and chest is still healing so it can look different from day to day.

I'm a little past three months since my surgery and my chest is still going through the healing stages.

Offline Wonderman

• Posting Member
Give it some more time and keep the vest on (yes I know it sucks) as it will help with the swelling and appearance.  I am 7 weeks post op and still have some healing to do.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024