Author Topic: Gyno or Fat?  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
Here is my story.  I've always had relatively flat chest.  I also only used to weigh 160 lbs and am 5'10.  I took finasteride for many years, and 3 years in had a completely flat chest while on the drug.  However when I got a desk job I became out of shape gained weight and was 195 lbs and developed a fatty chest.  I quit finasteride along the way, lost weight and the fatty chest disappeared for the most part. 
Now I've gained weight again off of finasteride, and weight about 185 lbs.  I drink 1 to 2 beers a day on average and am rather sedentary.  Do you think what I have is gyno or just some extra fat?  Would it be ok to go back on propecia you think? 

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
Here's some more photos.

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
and more photos

thanks for your input. 

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
I would appreciate some input... thanks..

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
Enough gawking at the post.  Someone give me their input please!  This site blows. 

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Sorry dude, It's kind of hard to tell if it's gyno or just fat.

I'd say it's likely just fat from looking at your belly.

Why don't you start exercising? You'll have more energy and look better and won't have to worry about this problem... Just go to the gym 3 times a week. 3x a week is easily doable and you really have no excuse not to. Truthfully I don't really have much sympathy for those who don't exercise to lessen how obvious their gyno is.

What did you find Propecia to be like? Worth using?

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
Well I was on propecia for 8.5 years.  Had I kept a healthy lifestyle (alcohol in moderation and exercising) I might actually still be on it.  It definitely kept my hair.  I quit the drug 2.5 years ago.  The only changes I noticed was more morning erections that seemed to be stiffer without any stimulation on my part.  My hair loss continued after quitting but it hasn't been too bad.  Snail speed. 

I shaved my head recently just to see what it would look like.  I'm glad I did because I'm noticing other areas in my life that need improving.  Such as my fat stomach and chest fat.  I don't plan on retaking finasteride, especially since I'm no even sure if I have gyno that won't go away.

I would say if you are healthy aren't gyno prone, and don't get worried about side effects finasteride is pretty much the only thing that is going to save your hair. 

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Well I was on propecia for 8.5 years.  Had I kept a healthy lifestyle (alcohol in moderation and exercising) I might actually still be on it.  It definitely kept my hair.  I quit the drug 2.5 years ago.  The only changes I noticed was more morning erections that seemed to be stiffer without any stimulation on my part.  My hair loss continued after quitting but it hasn't been too bad.  Snail speed. 

I shaved my head recently just to see what it would look like.  I'm glad I did because I'm noticing other areas in my life that need improving.  Such as my fat stomach and chest fat.  I don't plan on retaking finasteride, especially since I'm no even sure if I have gyno that won't go away.

I would say if you are healthy aren't gyno prone, and don't get worried about side effects finasteride is pretty much the only thing that is going to save your hair. 

Okay thanks.

If you were to choose propecia or finasteride though, which would you go for (weighing their side effects versus their effectiveness)?

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
Propecia is the brand name of finasteride.  It's 1 mg of finasteride.  Because it's the brand name it is more expensive.  The generic version of the 1 mg tablet isn't much cheaper.  I would buy generic proscar (teva) or some other generic form of it which is meant to be used for prostate enlargment problems.  It's 5 mg so you just need to cut into fourths (1.25 mg).  Finasteride has a flat effect so there isn't much difference between .2 mg and 5 mg on its effect in the body.  You will need a prescription from a doctor.  Have them prescribe you the proscar version and to take it in 1/4ths. 

hammer

Maybe you might need to decide, boobs then 6 grand for surgery or just go without hair!

One day your going to grow old and none of this will even mater anymore anyway,  but the money will help you enjoy your retirement, if you still have some left.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your history of weight gains and weight loss, on and off Propecia, etc, makes it difficult to put your situation together.  There is obviously no harm (and perhaps a lot to gain) if you just diet/exercise and lose some weight.  You will quickly have your answer vis a vis your chest.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Meatloaf bulk

• Posting Member
Thanks Doc!  That's what I'm doing.  I quit finasteride, quit alcohol, and will be eating healthy and exercising and will reevaluate again in a month or so.  Or however long it takes to get back in shape.  I don't plan on starving myself, but just making a few key adjustments to turn things around. 

hammer

I hope you wouldn't starve yourself as your body would shut down because it would think it was starving and then you can't lose weight!

There are many great way to lose weight you just need to find the program that will work best for you!

Good luck, your starting at a good time, long before it gets out of hand.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
go for the weight, but let's be honest, the first pic in the second post definitely says gyne to me.  time to start thinking remedy if it's bothering you, which i suspect it is. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024