Author Topic: The Newsweek article  (Read 2725 times)

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline A. Cherimoya

• Posting Member
Reading the comments on that article, it amazes me how many people respond with "lose weight!" It just shows how utterly DIFFICULT it is for most people to understand gynecomastia. I always get very sad and angry when I see or hear responses like that. I wish there was some way to make these people -- men and women alike -- experience what it's like to live with something like gynecomastia.

God, it makes me mad. At least there are more people taking a serious look at the condition these days.

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
That's how our world is today and will always be.
When, you have a case of gyno (big or small) I have a greater respect for people
with any non- normal physical fault.
I.E women who have a large hips. That's where all their fat goes.

Offline Rayban

• Posting Member
It sincerely UPSETS me that most people think that this condition will go away if one simply loses weight!!
I do not suffer from the glandular form of gyne, but no matter how thin I become, I still have man-breasts. At one point in my early college days I weighed 150lbs (and I'm tall: 6-ft, 2-in!!). You could plainly see my ribs, but not one ounce of breast fat or tissue disappeared! I was starving myself in hopes that my chest would flatten and I would look more like the young men around me.
I think it is fantastic that this issue is getting some press.

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Rayban,
I understand your frustation regarding trying to lose weight thinking that would make the gyne disappear.
Surgery is the only option. This site is the savor of many and that newsweek article is the start of bringing
this to national level.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024