Author Topic: Compression Tank Top  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Chill

So I'm looking to buy the Underworks 3-pack of compression tank tops on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Underworks-Microfiber-Compression-3-Pack-Large/dp/B001KWJVIE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1297308726&sr=8-3

I'm just wondering what size would be good. I usually wear an XL, but that is mainly to conceal myself. I'm probably about a large and if I lost a little weight maybe even a medium. I measured my chest size and it is about that of a medium - large size according to the chart on Amazon. Should I go with the large?

I have Under Armour that I also used to wear during my football playing days that is an XL and it fits pretty snug though and conceals my breasts a decent amount, but not to my liking. It's also long sleeves and a turtle neck, the main reason I don't wear it often.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I would search for reviews if they run small or not.  If it is intended to be compression already, going smaller may not fit at all.  I have a comp shirt and I wish it was tighter, but it is better than nothing. 

Looks like a good shirt, any idea what the back side is like?

Offline Chill

I read a review on one site and the guy said that he wished he ordered a size smaller, so I wanted to try asking here to see if anyone had actually tried this.

From what I can gather it seems to be a pretty good product for the price. I'll make another post about it when I receive it and try it out for a while. I ended up ordering a large though, as I plan to lose a little bit of weight in the near future anyways.

Offline MJM.007

The Underworks compression tank tops you have in your link, in my opinion, are the best! I've been wearing them (in black) for over a year. They are the best because the material does not stick to your shirt. I started out wearing the cotton compression tanks and I didn't like them at all because my shirst stuck to them.

yes YOU MUST go with a MUCH smaller size. I wear a size 42 suit coat and I wear this exact same tank in a size EXTRA SMALL. I started off purchasing the large and it didn't compress that much ( I have mild/moderate gyne) and then I ordered a medium and a small together. Recently I purchased an extra small and it's VERY snug but gives me great compression in the chest area. The ONLY negative with this is that b/c it's snug it tends to ride up and not stay tucked in very well but I like the compression it gives and overall happy with  it. I would say at least go down 2 sizes from what you would normally buy. Also, maybe consider just buying one and not 3, so if you don't like it, you can order a different size.

Hope this helps!

Offline Martin_DK

• Posting Member
I just bought the 3 pack in medium size.
I'm in normal shirts a large/xlarge so hopefully they will do the job.

Have a few others from underworks in white though not tank top - hope the tanktop will be a little cooler in the summertime.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024