Author Topic: swelling, fluid..help?  (Read 2976 times)

Offline ell456

• Posting Member
well i had surgey 5 days ago, and there is still a lot of swelling on each side, and there is 'fluid' which will apparently go away through urine and stuff with time and the skin will contract and everything will look a lot flatter...is this true?

also i got my chest knocked a couple of times recently by other people and its swollen up heaps more after settling down a little ...is this something to worry abotu or will it just heal normally still

can anyone please make me stop worrying and tell me that all the fluid will go away and how long it usually takes....and if the swelling is ok?

i know i might sound stupid asking all this so early but i just want to be sure...im paranoid. so if anyone could make me feel better, or worse, that would be good. i would like the truth :)

thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You should definitely be in a firm compression garment of some type.

It is common for there to be swelling -- but a collection of fluid is different.  It would be best to return to your surgeon for an exam.  If there is a fluid collection, the surgeon may opt to remove it.  If it is swelling, then observation and proper care is the way to go.

And by all means, in this early stage after surgery protect yourself from others.  Further trauma on top of your operation is not a good recipe.

With time, the swelling will diminish and the skin should tighten.  Be patient and keep in touch with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

well i had surgey 5 days ago, and there is still a lot of swelling on each side, and there is 'fluid' which will apparently go away through urine and stuff with time and the skin will contract and everything will look a lot flatter...is this true?

also i got my chest knocked a couple of times recently by other people and its swollen up heaps more after settling down a little ...is this something to worry abotu or will it just heal normally still

can anyone please make me stop worrying and tell me that all the fluid will go away and how long it usually takes....and if the swelling is ok?

i know i might sound stupid asking all this so early but i just want to be sure...im paranoid. so if anyone could make me feel better, or worse, that would be good. i would like the truth :)

thanks

Designing and executing Gynecomastia Sculpture with Minimal Swelling And Bruising is an art form.  Each doctor has his / her own techniques. Extra swelling can slow healing and recovery after surgery.  For my patients peak swelling is at the time of surgery and decreases from there. But then, we have our patients in their Compression Garments in the operating room. 

Further trauma can damage delicate healing tissues. Such factors and changes in your current treatment should be discussed with your own doctor who is best familiar with the original problem, what was done, and other specifics.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024