Author Topic: Consultation with Dr Benito - feedback and some questions  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
After reading a lot about it (mostly on here - thanks fellas!) and checking out other options, I finally went to see Dr Benito in London on Friday. Before I go into a bit more about what he said etc I should say that his patient co-ordinator Aida is fantastic. She is very responsive and chatty and had a lot of information, before I went to see him. 

Anyway, he was very professional and to the point. he answered any questions i had and like has been mentioned before, he gave me his email address and said i could contact him with any more questions I had.

He told me I had grade 3 gyne. I guess I knew it was bad but not that bad.... any one else on here have G3 and can i ask how your surgery turned out?? he did tell me that depending on healing, I might have to go back and have some more to correct extra sking. Again - anyone else have that?

One thing that concerned me a bit, he spoke a bit about bleeding - happening in 2% of cases. i know that he has to say this and is just doing his job so hopefully its just a formality.

I am considering some surgery in Sept with him - I am fed up of my chest and how it is dictating my life so its time for some action!!!

Offline outertrial

Hey Bro

I had surgery with Dr B - really recommend him. You can see my pics here

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9199.0.html

He said there wouldnt be any problem with skin reforming over the chest in my case and there wasnt. In all surgical procedures there is a chance of bleeding during the op requiring further surgical intervention to stop the flow. There is also a small chance you'll get a haematoma. AFAIK this is down to individual healing and theres not much the surgeon can do about it.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

AFAIK?

I try to keep up with these acronyms but this one has me beat.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Outertrials results are one of the best I've seen I think, looks really good now. I've not seen ANY other pics of other patients though so it's hard to make mine up between Poland or Dr Benito..

If benitos results are always as good as outertrial then he's definetly got my money, even if it is more expensive than other options.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

If benitos results are always as good as outertrial then he's definetly got my money, even if it is more expensive than other options.

Thanks Jackd,

Good luck with your decision but remember that although the skill of the surgeon is very important, how the patient heals is also a major contributing factor in the final result.  No two patients are the same.

I’ll repeat my mantra.  Don’t expect perfection from this procedure, expect improvement.

;D

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I also had a consultation with him on Friday. 

From my experience in the past with a couple of other operations (not cosmetic, although private).  Dr Benito has a good bedside manner.  Clear, direct and to the point.  There's no glossing over, no fluff.  Delivers the facts and the possible side effects.

I was shown photos of previous patients, before and after.  I was also told about possible bleeding (that’s why your in for two nights, as they can go and in a correct if required) and possible skin sagging if my old and tired body isn’t as elastic as it used to be.

My case is evidently 10-15% gland tissue, the rest is fat…
 :(
I’ve only had the one consultation, happy with what I’ve seen, and have booked in for the operation in September. 

1st post month review will be in October, and a further check up at 4-5months.  Thought the price was reasonable, as is an all inclusive cost (all consultations, pick-up & return to airport, blood work, operation, two nights in clinic, meals, garment etc) excludes flights though booked these today for me and the missus for £115, so who’s complaining?

If any corrective work is required (he’s never done any before), it will be done under a local, FOC although I would have to pick up the tab for a flight to Barcelona, but hey that’s only around £60 on squeezy jet, or less than a night out!  And a good excuse too visit one of my favourite cities in Europe again.

Offline outertrial

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Thanks Jackd,

Good luck with your decision but remember that although the skill of the surgeon is very important, how the patient heals is also a major contributing factor in the final result.  No two patients are the same.

I’ll repeat my mantra.  Don’t expect perfection from this procedure, expect improvement.

;D

Definitely agree with that, actually that is what Dr Benito says himself. Based on my results you can expect a significant improvement though.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
Thanks a mill as always. Appreciate the feedback.
I am also going to book in for September, so will let you know How i get on..

Improvement is a definite way forward. Have seen enough and know enough not to expect perfection - though being able to wear a t-shirt would be perfect enough for me.

;D

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
being able to wear a tee shirt without any bother is great :D
my worry now is "does my belly look bad in this"  :D
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline conz

• Posting Member
Does Dr Benito perform surgeries in London.

Offline outertrial

Not to my knowledge. If he did you'd have to pay the UK prices.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024