Author Topic: 'Breast Growth Plate' -- Is This Ever Removed?  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
I was at my family doctor today asking him to check for glandular tissue in association with my gynecomastia; there was none, only fat.   Although I'm only a 3 or 4 out of ten (my pictures are in the photo section), he strongly advised against liposuction because it 'would leave sagging skin'.   

He also said that the 'breast growth plate' must be surgically removed to fix the gynecomastia.   Obviously he's not a plastic surgeon, although I had previously rated him highly for his technical knowledge.   However, this sounds like a load of baloney.   Has anyone had their 'breast growth plate' removed, or suffered sagging skin post-op which a compression vest didn't clear up?   Thanks.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
nup never heard of that one and i would have expected to have heard it mentioned on this board before if it were a common concern? as for the sagging skin that totaly depends on how much tissue you have your age etc. but for alot of people its no issue.

GynO_DuDe

Sagging skin can happen. Its happened to me ... but over time my natural elasticity will sort it out as 4 months down the line, my appearance has dramatically changed and gone MUCH better than the day after post-op, my doc told me it'll take a year for final results so im hoping he's right.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
he's probably referring to the gland.   maybe the called it "breast growth plate" when he was in medical school 80 yrs ago...

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Since my posting at top I had an ultrasound of the breasts, having declined a mammogram in fear of the radiation, which the medics always claim to be 'less than that experienced on an air flight'.

The scan revealed a flat, firm, plate-like area 2 cm in diameter which I can also feel, although being so thin and close to the ribs, it is not very distinct.   It then occured to me that this structure could be the 'breast growth plate' to which my doctor was referring.   Presumably it would be best excised below the areola, in conjunction with liposuction for generalized fatty deposits?   The 'plate' doesn't feel at all like the thick, amorphous glandular tissue removed from some patients and portrayed in some of the photographs on this site.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
Since my posting at top I had an ultrasound of the breasts, having declined a mammogram in fear of the radiation, which the medics always claim to be 'less than that experienced on an air flight'.

The scan revealed a flat, firm, plate-like area 2 cm in diameter which I can also feel, although being so thin and close to the ribs, it is not very distinct.   It then occured to me that this structure could be the 'breast growth plate' to which my doctor was referring.   Presumably it would be best excised below the areola, in conjunction with liposuction for generalized fatty deposits?   The 'plate' doesn't feel at all like the thick, amorphous glandular tissue removed from some patients and portrayed in some of the photographs on this site.

that is the gland... mammary gland to be exact

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024