Author Topic: Surgery Question.  (Read 1839 times)

Offline MrTea

• Posting Member

Hello all.

A couple of questions, i have gyno and went to a surgeon to discuss the operation.  It all seemed good as the op also included liposuction of the fatty tissue.  However the Surgeon said that a small amount of tissue is left under the nipple as padding from the nipples and pec muscle, is this normal?  I was worried that if anything is left in gyno could come back?

Any info would be much appreciated, cheers guys!

Offline vr4nut

• Silver Member
It is normal to leave a small piece of tissue to prevent the nipple from becoming concave after the surgery.  I have heard of people on this board complaining of sunken-in nipples.  That would probably look more abnormal than a slightly large chest.  I don't believe that the breast tissue will grow back.  It is not like cancer in that respect.  For example, in women, the breast tissue grows as much as its going to grow during puberty and that's it.  The breasts may become larger with fat, but breast tissue itself shouldn't grow.  That said, you will of course want to avoid all possible causes of gynecomastia in men, such as steroids, marijuana, obesity, etc., since those may actually be capable of causing growth of breast tissue.  

I had UAL alone two years ago and after the surgery I could still feel the small amounts of hard tissue that I had before.  But this hard tissue seems to have disappeared by now somehow.  I had felt it every day of my life from about age 12-21.  Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024