Author Topic: Odds of it getting worse  (Read 1383 times)

Offline dude95

Hi, I have gynecomastia and Iam 20 yeras old.
I was wondering whats were the odds of my condition getting worse?.
I read that gaining weight can in increase the size but could you reduce that increase if you lose the weitght gained or is the increase also permanent ?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
First some photos would be very useful to aid any comments. There are multiple causes for gynecomastia so to answer your question I would need to be able to have an opinion as to what the etiology is in your specific case. Could you give a little bit more of a history.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I agree, photos would be very helpful to better understand the severity of your gyne to provide you with some answers to your questions. 
In the meantime, it is possible gyne can look worse with significant weight gain. In some cases,  losing the weight can cause the gyne to look worse again because skin sag may be present at this point. There are many variables like ethnicity, age, amount of weight gain/loss, severity of the gyne, which play a role in how the body responds....
Dr. Cruise 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Weight gain in the face of gynecomastia often makes the appearance worse, since the fat increase will cause significantly greater fullness in the chest.  Weight loss after initial gain may allow for the condition to improve somewhat from the way it was at a heavier weight, but it still won't resolve the problem.  If you're able, it may be worth exploring correction with a qualified gynecomastia surgeon.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024