Author Topic: Newcomer!! your thoughts pls?  (Read 2912 times)

Offline joe_mate

• Posting Member
Hi,

Lived with gyno(whatever you call-it) since I was 14 and I'm not fat (i don't think?!!). Its really rubbish isn't it having these moob things, what the hell do you mean I have female breast tissue in me!!

I was thinking of getting the old surgery thing done soon and have booked to see a consultant.  I realise its alot of money but i think it will be worth it if the results are good. I only really wanna have a flatter chest just so I can go clothes shopping properly, I always see loadsa nice clothes I just know are of the "fitted design" even the large clothes!

Do you guys think I need to see my gp first as I haven't and I know you should get his support, but I'm about 94.5% sure its not a hormone thing as I've had it since 14 (and it didn't go at 18!!) and I don't take any drugs of any kind.  (well thats a lie I took some painkillers for a dodgy knee this year but I don't think that counts!).

Well thats my first concern and also I'll post my pics pre-op.  Tell me what you think is it mild/bad/terrible etc.

Also I gunna have this done in absolute secrecry (apart from my girlfriend) sshhh.....

But 1 problem I share a house with someone i used to work with and I'm not sure how I can keep this from him, especially as after the op i don't think I'll be able to walk around properly? not sure.  I don't fancy explaining it all to him and he not very good at keeping secrets.

Also wondered what the post-ops effects, mainly regarding friends etc do they ever question or notice any difference with you and what do you tell them?

Sorry for going on I'll finish now.

Thanks in advance for any comments you guys may have.

cheers.

p.s how do you add pics?

Offline joe_mate

• Posting Member
oh and im 26 years old!

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
hello fella and sufferer
im glad you found this place as i did too earliuer this year and im glad to say it turned my life around :)
In fact i tried to go the nhs route but decided to go private in poland .
Please do read through the HUGE HUGE HUGE Poland thread on these uk boards.
Right down to the nitty gritty.
It does look like you have a medium-bad case of gyne that would look alot worse if you was carrying anymore fat.
they look very similar to what mine were like when i dieted and excercised down to 10 stone :-/
and the buggers still didnt go away  >:(
so get on track and choose the road thats right for you.
You can either see your GP and go through the uk hospital NHS route or go private in the UK at of cost of £5,000 or travel; abroad to another country which will cost about £1,500 all in (reccomended)
Good luck with what you choose to do and keep coming bacvk to these boards for help and advice :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline joe_mate

• Posting Member
cheers NOTfedupGotNoMoobs

Was wondering also what did your friends and family say after the op?  Did they make any fuss over it, what did you tell them?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
my family havnt seen me since the op
friends respect me for who i am

if anyone says anything just say "im glad im in a financial position to have the op"
usually shuts them up  :-X

your doing this for you and why not?
if you dont want to tell them the truth tell them you have lumps on your chest that require surgery to be removed  :o

that shuts them up too.
feel free to ask anything else
and my surgery didnt hurt.
its less pain than a tattoo upto now :)

Offline bedders

• Posting Member
Tell your housemate that you broke a rib, thats what I did, also made up a little story of course, but sometimes this is what you have to do!

If I were you i'd get the op done asap, its life changing.

Offline joe_mate

• Posting Member
hey guys,

yeah I'll need to think of something, I just know Ill feel like I'm deceiving people by not telling them, but then again why starting to tell them about something they know nothing about unless they ask!!

well I've joined a gym and have been going for a few weeks (I realise this won't make a difference!! I tried it before for years!) but I will use it as a cover story if anyone asks.  Also gunna give all my clothes to charity and get new ones, hopefully people will just think whatever different about me is my new fashion sense!

Gunna see Mr Levick very soon, so if that goes well hopefully I can have the op before xmas.

:)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Joe,

Looking at your pics I would personally say you have a MILD case.  There are sufferers (including me before surgery) with boobs far larger than yours who have posted on here.  However as you will know it isn’t about size but how we perceive them.

A word of caution.  I would strongly recommend that you get your hormones checked out first.  ALL glandular gynecomastia is caused by a hormonal imbalance.  For the majority of sufferers this happened around puberty and the levels corrected themselves naturally.  However this isn’t always the case.  The last thing anyone wants is to have surgery and the blasted things grow back again because an underlying cause for the hormonal imbalance wasn’t corrected first.  Visit your GP and talk to him, or her, and ask for a referral to an Endocrinologist (I doubt your GP will have the knowledge to know which hormones to check).   If you get the “all clear” then surgery is probably the only choice you have to getting rid of your boobs.

If you decide to take the surgical route then I’m sure you will have read through lots of posts on here to see which surgeons are available and where they are. Poland appears to be the cheapest route at around £1500 to £2000.  My surgery was done by Mr Levick in Birmingham and the total cost came in at a little under £3800.  It’s worth bearing in mind how much (if any) a surgeon might charge you for any revision work that may need to be done if the first surgery doesn’t work out as expected.  Mr Levick does any follow up surgery for free, which includes all other costs.  Some surgeons will do the actual revision surgery for free but you still have to pay hospital and anaesthetists costs, which can still run into a £1000.

Good luck.  
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline joe_mate

• Posting Member
yeah I have thought about that but I really don't think thats the case,  I always had these things.  If it is the case what is the cure then do they prescribe drugs and then they magically disappear?

how long does the endo take?

cheers

joe.

Offline joe_mate

• Posting Member
also what causes these hormonal impalances?

I don't and haven't taken any strange drugs before I was 14, my moobs didn't go away at 18!

Although at the age of 26 I can't fully grow a beard but isn't that the case for alot of males??!!  Everything is normal for my age!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024