Author Topic: any bad experiences while wearing a bra?  (Read 13138 times)

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
For the guys who have chosen to wear a bra, have there been any incidents or bad experiences while wearing one? I think a lot of guys are probably very scared by the prospect of either someone they know but dont want to tell (maybe at work) or a random member of the public calling them out about it. I think those chances are pretty rare and people aren't really looking to "catch" a guy in a bra.

But, I thought I'd ask the forum to see if they have more experience in this area.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
no have not had any so far. but then i really don`t care what anyone who is insensative enough to give a bad comment or slur says about me wearing one , really depends how thick your hyde is in the end.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I suppose the greatest fear most guys would have is that they have a medical emergency that puts them in need of emergency care without the opportunity to shed the garment. I have worked in an emergency room and you can believe that the people there have seen it all already so they will not be at all shocked. Your privacy will be respected.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Thanks for the input. I'd be happy to hear more experiences as well.

I've been trying to put together a "worst case scenario" list with a guy wearing a bra, and honestly, i can't much think of many things.

The emergency issue was an interesting one, I think that most would be more concerned with whatever emergency might be happening than their choice of bra. Good to know that the professionals dont care, though.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I think that with the lack of bad experience posts (just see "my worst memory" for an example of how things can be bad), we can pretty much assume that those who have chosen to wear a bra really dont get hassled because of it. Anyone on the fence, perhaps this might help you decide to try something that will give you some support/comfort without worrying about being "caught" or found out.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
It is interesting to note that there are few if any negative experiences reported by men who decide to wear a bra for support.  Another point worthy of note is that although many guys struggle with the decision whether to wear a bra once they do they all report on the relief and comfort the bra provides. Additionally there appears to be an expression of an increase in self-esteem in some comments.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Realistically, the number among us who can actually fill a bra is not all that great.

For the man who has endured having breasts that are quite large, the relief probably outweighs the chance of exposure.

hammer

I have to agree with the last two post. I have been living with DD's over the past 10-15 years. they were always bigger then normal but I never really cared, but after growing as big as they did my wife encouraged me to use support, but I had the major fear of being discovered! I finally tried a few bras and found I like the magic bra for lite hold with no show, and at home with really great support Just My Size type with no seams. I do wear an T shirt and a button down shirt both over sized as I always bought over sized to hide them all the time. I now have less neck, shoulder and back pain!
 I tell my wife if anyone was to say anything, I could flash them and ask them, what would you do if you had these other then get surgery?
On another note, I find that a bullet proof vest works to hide them!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have got to a point if don't care vs comfort and pain issues.  Since I talked to my wife and she said he had noticed and didn't bother her, I have been 99.9% pain free.  The only time I had pain was I went out for a short drive without, it came back in a hurry (4 miles). 

It is what it is. 

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Realistically, the number among us who can actually fill a bra is not all that great.

For the man who has endured having breasts that are quite large, the relief probably outweighs the chance of exposure.

In my opinion, you might not need large breasts to start having some benefit from wearing a bra. Once you are at least a full A, there might be some discomfort you can remedy. While there may be people with larger that don't have any discomfort. Wide ranges exist with women and their sensitivity/discomfort vs. size as well.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi guys. bad experiances , no cant say i have so far.i did notice over the summer when i wear a tank top and the sides are visiable, sometimes i do get some looks from the woman but only one gave me a nod and a thumbs up.,so to many it either does not register or they just dont care.it was my Eno Doc that suggested a sports bra and have worn them since .some nites i dont wear one to work if i know who is on as the one girl loves to give back scratches and neck rubs and thats not something id prefer to give up.my supervisor knows and she and i flash each other when we are alone on the floor.so i am comfy wearing one but its not been really that long yet.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Walt, you mentioned that your doctor recommended that you wear a bra.  Was this in response to a complaint of pain or discomfort or an unsolicited suggestion? 

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi cisco, yes i did indeed have pains in my breasts, i drive alot and the jiggle was getting painfull.also in a time of breast growth.i take testosterone shots every 2 weeks and my hormones were all srcewed up because of pituitary changes.so yes my doc suggested a beartrap.i do find the female docs are more sensative when it comes to the bra issue.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
hi guys. bad experiances , no cant say i have so far.i did notice over the summer when i wear a tank top and the sides are visiable, sometimes i do get some looks from the woman but only one gave me a nod and a thumbs up.,so to many it either does not register or they just dont care.it was my Eno Doc that suggested a sports bra and have worn them since .some nites i dont wear one to work if i know who is on as the one girl loves to give back scratches and neck rubs and thats not something id prefer to give up.my supervisor knows and she and i flash each other when we are alone on the floor.so i am comfy wearing one but its not been really that long yet.

Congrats on being able to wear just a tank top with a bra and not worrying about it. I'd say I'd be more ok with the shape being visible (and leave some bit of doubt) than actual confirmation by seeing the sides or the hardware bumps.

I just think it goes to show that a guy can really do what feels the most comfortable and stop worrying about what you're wearing or what section you bought it in.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
just to clarify i only wear sports bras with racer backs , and get oversized tank tops so the side straps do show in the arm holes a bit but i am comfortable with that as it may.i also wear compression tights and combat boots so if someone has an opinion they usually don`t say anything.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024