Author Topic: Gynecomastia as a result of testerone replacement therapy-Androgel  (Read 3002 times)

Offline clawdius

• Posting Member
Anyone out there in gyne land having breast development due to testerone replacement therapy? I developed breasts going through puberty but was also very overweight at that time. I am now 5"10.5" and 188lbs. I was probably a A cup before starting therapy for "low T" a couple of years ago and am now a C and growing. Has anyone else had this experience? Package insert says that 1% of men will get this but my internist thinks the number is much higher. 

Offline TigerPaws

Anyone out there in gyne land having breast development due to testerone replacement therapy? I developed breasts going through puberty but was also very overweight at that time. I am now 5"10.5" and 188lbs. I was probably a A cup before starting therapy for "low T" a couple of years ago and am now a C and growing. Has anyone else had this experience? Package insert says that 1% of men will get this but my internist thinks the number is much higher.
Your liver will convert excess Testosterone into Estrogen's, then if enough is converted your body will become more and more Estrogen dependent thereby producing more and more Estrogen which will suppress your Testosterone.

Yes it is a vicious cycle.

Additionally if you are naturally susceptible to Estrogen and were born with additional Estrogen receptors then you will develop more.

There are no easy answers, when you were overweight, fat stores Estrogen, as you lost weight that was released into your system. There are so many factors at play it is difficult to know and understand what is going on.

Please remember, medicine is half science and half guess work, contrary to what most doctors will tell you.

hammer

Sorry Clawdius, your not alone as far as being a man with breast development! There are many ways that it happens, too many ways!

Welcome to the forum!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Low T is often self diagnosed, sometimes diagnosed by a Family Doctor.  The truth is the when the body has too much Testosterone, the surplus is turned into Estrogen.  The Estrogen in turn causes breast growth among other things. 
For Low Testosterone, you should have been referred to an Endocrinologist for treatment. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024