Author Topic: Visible bra straps  (Read 3679 times)

Offline blad

Who has come to the point in their journey of wearing a bra to support your breasts where you no longer are concerned if your bra straps are visible through your clothing. Not that one intentionally flaunts wearing a bra, but nor is concerned if it shows. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Online Johndoe1

I am not to the point yet where I want my bra showing to the public. My bra is a private thing and no ones business what it looks like or color. Just me.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline walt

• Gold Member
sometimes my straps will show through my T shirt but I usually wear a racerback so be it as it may sometimes they are just there.I am at the point that if noticed I don't really care anymore its all about support.

hammer

I try not to let it, however,  I have come to a point that I don't give a darn either!

aboywithgirls

I have a generous rack that needs support. The boobs and bra are both pretty obvious for anyone that is looking. I wear a bra for me and my girls. If anyone else cares, its just another piece of clothing that I wear.  I wear a bra because of what's on my chest. Its has nothing to do with what's between my legs. 

If the outline of my bra is visible or if someone happens to see my bra strap exposed or even notice me adjusting my bra in public,  so be it! I'm sure if anyone who would critique me, had girls that fill a 36H, they would wear a bra too!

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I'm a fan of racerbacks.  I feel that they support better and the straps look less like straps and more like a tank top, so it's a little stealthier. 

Offline blad

I'm a fan of racerbacks.  I feel that they support better and the straps look less like straps and more like a tank top, so it's a little stealthier.
I think a racerback can pass the hug test easier too.

But I also still like my conventional bra straps too.

hammer

I have a generous rack that needs support. The boobs and bra are both pretty obvious for anyone that is looking. I wear a bra for me and my girls. If anyone else cares, its just another piece of clothing that I wear.  I wear a bra because of what's on my chest. Its has nothing to do with what's between my legs.

If the outline of my bra is visible or if someone happens to see my bra strap exposed or even notice me adjusting my bra in public,  so be it! I'm sure if anyone who would critique me, had girls that fill a 36H, they would wear a bra too!
I have to agree with ABWG'S,  on this one too! At a "H" cup size (don't know my band size right now with the weight lost) with or without a bra, my breast are the first part of me to enter a room so if I'm noticed, good for your ability to be alert! If you say something negative, shame on you for being an ass, lol!

DW20

Like others I don't flaunt wearing a bra, but if the bra that is comfortable shows itself in anyway I don't worry. Certainly not going to put on another layer just to try and blend in better.
Took me around a year to get to that point and then a few more months to realise that 95% won't notice and the a further 4.9% don't care.
The only people that seem to have a problem is fellow churchgoers! Attitudes sometimes make me ashamed to be one of them. That said, only two out of 150 have noticed and been "concerned enough about me" to say anything.
My retort is that my doctor suggested it as the most sensible option and that somehow (bottom line) God must have messed my hormone levels up! Neither have pursued it further, and there have been no echoes around the gossip club that suggests they have spoken to anyone  - even the minister (in confidence , of course)

My advice: wear what is comfortable and relax

Online Johndoe1

That's interesting DW20. The only people outside of my wife and bra fitter and doctor,  all women, who know I wear a bra are three lady's who I go to church with and they are very supportive. Of course I always dress modestly when at church never letting my bra show in any way. That's just bad deportment. 

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
As someone whom is just starting this journey this is a concern of mine as well.  I am not large compared to a lot on here, but the problem with showing is the same. Any good advice on what to wear to keep them from showing? I have gotten pretty used to wearing something under most of my shirts, being a tank top most of the time. Is that a good way to keep the straps from showing in places like this. Yes I understand that is might not be as comfy with an extra layer, but it might be what has to be done. Any suggestions and ideas will be a great help.

bikerbob

I am not quite to that point.  I wear pullover leisure bras because they lie flat under my shirt and don't have any hardware to cause bulges.  They are more comfortable than a sports bra.  I am completely confident that most people couldn't see the bra even if they were looking for it and I think they pass the hug test pretty well because it feels like an undershirt.  If you are much bigger than a B cup, you are probably better off with a "regular" bra.  I usually wear loose clothing and clingy knit shirts are out.  On the other hand, I have caught several women staring at my chest because the boobs are starting to show.  At 71, I have better stuff to worry about than people noticing that I have man boobs and I am not making any attempt to hide them.  Maybe some day we will be able to wear white T shirts without worrying about whether people see the bras underneath.  Women don't care but we do.

Online Johndoe1

I wear a women's layering tank under my regular men's tops. I get the cotton ones because they are much cooler than a man's tee shirt since these are made to be a layering piece. It's form fitting allowing room for the girls unlike men's which give no room and pulls in an uncomfortable way that I in turn slump to compensate. Also being form fitting and intented to be a layering piece it's undetectable under my men's tops including polos. Patterns are good for confusing the eye as well as dark solids. White is a definite no-no since it will show every lump, bump and outline of the bra. I also do not wear form fitting tops but try to get tops that fit loose but fairly well without looking baggy or too tight, unless I want to show the girls off. Depending on size will depend how much you have to allow for the girls. I have come to the conclusion that at a 38DD, I can't hide, but I can camouflage and that is how I dress, to camouflage and it works for me. 

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi all I agree that racerbacks are good, I also wear a womans tank top as they fit me better in the boobs. after loosing 43lbs since Christmas the girls bounce a lot more than they used too.at present I am in a 48C .

Offline Emcginty

• Posting Member
I used to care about.  But the only time I really worry about the outline showing is at morning PT formation.  I am sure that some notice as I am with 100 other people trained in noticing out of place things with people's clothing.  But no one has asked or mentioned it.  But it might also be that I am viewed as a complete badass in my unit and no one has the balls to say anything to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024