Author Topic: compression vests or other solution  (Read 7098 times)

Offline 123fromhere

I saw some ads for vest (tank) NOT FOR POST OP but for normal use under Tshirt or anything to hide temporally the gyne.
Anyone tried those? Does it work?

Also, there are some chinese traditional herb medecine that claims have powerful effect or at least help. Is it true?
I heard that the yellow natural substance from mustard helps.

Thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With respect to the vests: I personally found them to be uncomfortable. We have heard fom a legion of men who found them to be quite satisfactory. You would simply have to try it out for yourself and see how it works for you.

There are a lot of Herbals marketed for the purpose of reducing Gynecomastia. None are effective. But, Hope springs eternal so they continue to sell. Benjamin Franklin said: "A fool and his money are soon parted."
Grandpa Dan

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
There are a lot of Herbals marketed for the purpose of reducing Gynecomastia. None are effective. But, Hope springs eternal so they continue to sell. Benjamin Franklin said: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

How true.  Reminds me of the thread that's currently going, where crazy glue is supposed to be a viable solution to gynecomastia!  LOL!

Someone should start a thread that lists all of the bogus remedies out there...

DrBermant

I saw some ads for vest (tank) NOT FOR POST OP but for normal use under Tshirt or anything to hide temporally the gyne.
Anyone tried those? Does it work?

Also, there are some chinese traditional herb medecine that claims have powerful effect or at least help. Is it true?
I heard that the yellow natural substance from mustard helps.

Thanks

Body shaping garments are only a temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to desing such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient.  Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.  There are also Movies before and after body shaping vests to show how the compression vests stabilize jiggling and bouncing of tissue.  Pick the link to the format you prefer Quicktime or Windows Media Video.

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
$100 seems a tad on the expensive side?

DrBermant

$100 seems a tad on the expensive side?
Design Veronique sets the prices for their garments.  My patients who had other garments before trying on this companies have told me that there was no comparison for stabilization and feeling more comfortable in body shaping.  I have tried the other garments to help save my patients money, but they just are not as effective in my opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
I have 3 vests from underworks.com . I got style 997, 3 of them for 87 bucks. I use one for the gym, and alternate the other two. If you wear the same one everyday, it loses it's tightness. As soon as I put it on the first time, I felt so much relief, it was unbelievable. Now I can go to the gym and wear normal shirts, it'll hold me over until I decide it's time to get surgery.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I'm a satisfied Underworks customer, too.  I used mine for post op transition.  They're great people to work with too. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024