Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Crazytt

Hey i was just wondering, when was the last appointment with fielding from the surgery date.  And how long does fielding make u wear the vest?

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
2-3 weeks till the surgery date...also 2-3 weeks to wear the vest

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Consultation - Dec. 20, 2004
Paper signing - Jan. 31, 2005
Surgery - Feb. 16, 2005

JCF says that a vest is not necessary. However, he will not discourage the patient if he wants to buy one.

I don't think that a 'full' compression vest is necessary either. I bought and wore a tesor belt around my chest for compression. You can see a pic of it on my pics Page ( click on 'Pics' in my Sig below ). It's very easy to put on and take off. As it is adjustable with velcro, you can use it elsewhere on the body for muscle strains etc... ;)

The good Doc says to have compression on the healing chest for at least 2 weeks, 4 weeks is best.

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:53:35 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
Hey i was just wondering, when was the last appointment with fielding from the surgery date.  And how long does fielding make u wear the vest?

he said the vest is good sometimes if it fits properly, but doesn't do anything that the bandage won't...he said mostly, it's a waste of money and can actually be detrimental if it doesn't fit properly...

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Consultation - Dec. 20, 2004
Paper signing - Jan. 31, 2005
Surgery - Feb. 16, 2005

JCF says that a vest is not necessary. However, he will not discourage the patient if he wants to buy one.

I don't think that a 'full' compression vest is necessary either. I bought and wore a tesor belt around my chest for compression. You can see a pic of it on my pics Page ( click on 'Pics' in my Sig below ). It's very easy to put on and take off. As it is adjustable with velcro, you can use it elsewhere on the body for muscle strains etc... ;)

The good Doc says to have compression on the healing chest for at least 2 weeks, 4 weeks is best.

John.

Do you wear the belt all the time for the 2-4 weeks? How long do you have to wear the bandages he gives you?

Thanks.
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
The bandages you put on right after surgery, have to be left on until the post-op, which is 6 days after.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024