Author Topic: quick question?  (Read 3082 times)

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
You guys have been great with your advice but I have another Question.

Is it normal for someone to be happy with their results the day after surgery but then a couple days after to not be happy. I guess this is due to the swelling. I am 6 days post-op so when should my results get better not worse.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Yes, I think that is a very normal way of things. It starts out being great... then swells up.. and then hopefully simmers back down to an acceptable result.

timbo

My problem is that I don't think my unhappiness with my results at 2 weeks post-op is due to swelling.  I honestly believe that there is more fat that could have/should have been removed, and perhaps some redundant skin as well.  I dunno man- everyone says  "be patient", "it takes time", etc.- and I understand that but I would think there would be some sort of good results expected within the first week or two.

Offline Spleen

You're just barely out of surgery, it may take months before everything is as it should be.  We all want immediate results, but the body needs a chance to heal.

I think guys who go the surgery route also need to prepare themselves for results that might be different than their ideal.  Everyone has expectations and they might differ from the post-surgical reality.  One should be sure that they talk in detail with their PS about the kind of result they'd like and what their doc can deliver.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Excellent advice Spleen!  8)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

timbo

so what part of "i want a flat chest" does the PS not understand?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Can you post some pics Dude?

John.

Offline Spleen

so what part of "i want a flat chest" does the PS not understand?

That's a great question for your Doc.  What reason do you think he would have for removing less than you expected?  I know from talking to my Doc that they can't remove all the fat because their are limitations to their techniques, plus they risk adhesions and such.  Again, all I'm saying is consult with the pro.  If you trusted him or her to do your surgery trust that they can provide answers to your questions ro concerns.  Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024