Author Topic: Scared...  (Read 3158 times)

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
In the last year, I have lost 60 lbs. Down from 290 to 230. I have come to the point where I'm almost scared to lose anymore. The protrusion from my chest is getting more and more noticeable. I have a slightly severe case. I don't know where to go next. Right now, my parents have been clear that there not willing to get a loan bc of the possibility of me not keeping a job and them having to pay it. Sucks esp when you got ppl with hardly ny problem that are getting the surgery, yet everybody in the world that knows can notice mine but I can't. O well had to vent a little.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congrats on the wieght loss. I understand your concern but keep up the good work.

Compression garments are a good option and they are widely available. If your breasts are really quite large, there is even a section here on bras. Some guys find them helpful while others wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Beyond that is the old stand-by; a snug tee under a loose fitting buttoned up shirt. Stay clear of knit shirts and pull-overs as they reveal your shape too much. Loose sweats are OK.

If you are in the northern hemisphere, we are entering winter so the heavier clothes of the season helps to conceal things quite well with no special effort.

Don't fall for the idea of slouching in the belief that it makes the breasts less obvious. I can spot that posture from a block away. It doesn't actually conceal anything but makes you look lazy or sloppy.

Welcome, You are among friends here.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Paa_Paw is right, you are among friends here, people who have been there done that! They have been very helpful for me!

I have found that people can be very understanding about our problem so don't wait as long as I did to face this head on. If you can't deal with it with the surgery as soon as you would like to,  opening up with others that will and can understand is the best thing to do to help yourself.

Over the years my wife and daughters encouraged me to try a bra for support but I was "to proud" and afraid of being caught wearing one. Now that I do my one daughter said, "dad don't ever stop, we can see how much it helps"!

People who love you, and those who understand will be there for you. Support is great, and works in many ways!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:56:10 PM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024