Author Topic: What is normal for a man  (Read 2384 times)

Offline hk11

Hi everyone! I have Gynecomastia and i've been trying to get answers from professional people about my condition but no one can seem to give me the definitive answer I want.

The last surgeon I saw said I have Psuedogynecomastia and that I could lose more weight which should solve the problem. Although, he didn't say anything about my actual glandular tissue in regards to if I have too much or not and if it would need to be removed. An ultra-sound showed that I have on the left breast measuring 14 x 5 x 9 mm and right measuring 9 x 7 x 10 mm (U2). Anyone know if this is regarded as a normal amount of glandular tissue for a man of 20 years old or should I look into getting it removed?

Also, would it be best to have this type of procedure done by a breast surgeon or a plastic surgeon (may include liposuction as well as the excision of glandular tissue)?

I appreciate anything that anyone has to say! :)

Hasan

hammer

I'm sure that you may get this answered here, but you may also want to post it in "ask a doctor" also!

Good luck, I do know that you can to the right place for help! Welcome to the forum, we have wonderful doctors here that are very experience with gynecomastia and always willing to assist!

Bob

Offline hk11

I'm sure that you may get this answered here, but you may also want to post it in "ask a doctor" also!

Good luck, I do know that you can to the right place for help! Welcome to the forum, we have wonderful doctors here that are very experience with gynecomastia and always willing to assist!

Bob

Thank you!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A second welcome to the forum!!

You should definitely consult with a plastic surgeon.  Not to denigrate a general/breast surgeon, but often their "take" on the surgery is from a different perspective.

You would most likely require lipo and gland excision.

Finally, I do not believe in the term "pseudogynecomastia."  Any excess tissue on a man's chest should be considered gynecomastia -- and all gynecomastia is comprised of varying ratios of gland and fatty tissue.  Please read my explanation on this: ww w.gynecomastia.org/smf/31/is-it-fat-or-breast-tissue-what-is-pseudogynecomastia/msg191037/#new  (remove the space between the w's)

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline shreyas24

• Posting Member
    • Best Hair Transplantation & Tummy Tuck Surgery in India
Hi everyone! I have Gynecomastia and i've been trying to get answers from professional people about my condition but no one can seem to give me the definitive answer I want.

The last surgeon I saw said I have Psuedogynecomastia and that I could lose more weight which should solve the problem. Although, he didn't say anything about my actual glandular tissue in regards to if I have too much or not and if it would need to be removed. An ultra-sound showed that I have on the left breast measuring 14 x 5 x 9 mm and right measuring 9 x 7 x 10 mm (U2). Anyone know if this is regarded as a normal amount of glandular tissue for a man of 20 years old or should I look into getting it removed?

Also, would it be best to have this type of procedure done by a breast surgeon or a plastic surgeon (may include liposuction as well as the excision of glandular tissue)?

I appreciate anything that anyone has to say! :)

Hasan

To have excessive fat or man's chest is called as Gynaecomastia. it occurs due to female hormone level is high in men. They can be removed through cosmetic surgeon, so you can consult the surgeon in your city. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024