Author Topic: what to expect  (Read 1763 times)

Offline wife

hello.  my husband is going to have the surgery to remove tissue and lipo for gynecomastia next week.  he is hoping that no one will know because he is embarrassed of the whole thing.  he is hoping to go away in a weekend and come back to take care of the kids while i'm at work.  is this likely, or should i get a couple weeks off?  kids are 5 & 9.  thanks.  great website! helped me understand his "issue" better and realize it'll be worth the money.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
A day or two after surgery I was no more sore than if I'd done a hard workout on my chest for the first time.  It was sore, but I was able to do most basic functions.  Your children are old enough to dress and bath themselves, so I don't see that your husband will have any problems.  The only issue is that he should not drive for the first couple of days.  I began to drive on day four.  So driving aside, there is no reason why you should take time off work.  What I have said seems to be in line with most guys post-op, but everyone is different, so be prepared, jut in case.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024