Author Topic: how long with treatment before surgery??  (Read 2502 times)

Offline bennyha

• Posting Member
I recently saw an endocrinologist and he said that i needed to get my blood checked. On Wednesday morning I gave my blood and he said he wanted to see me back in two weeks. My question is say if I do have low testosterone and need some kind of treatment how long do I have to be on a treatment before I could have the surgery for my gynecomastia. I am currently in the process of scheduling with a surgeon and was wondering how long one must be on treatment for low testosterone before being able to get my gyne surgery done. I would love to have it done before the summer but is that a realistic possibility. Anyones help is greatly appreciated.

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
My advice is to hold off on the surgery, as the endo may be able to correct the problem WITHOUT surgery.

For some men with low testestorne, supplementation therapy (injections/patches/etc..) may help to correct the problem.

I know that it's something that you're dying to get rid of (as am I) but at least wait until the endo has finished all the testing and has recomended surgery as your best option for treatment.
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Benny .. ATM gives good advice.  One step at a time is best.  Good luck.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline bennyha

• Posting Member
thanks guy i appreciate the advice

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024