Author Topic: MTV Man Boobs  (Read 4544 times)

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Today I was watching the show NEXT at a friends house. I dont know if your firmiliar with show, but theres 1 guy who takes 5 different girls on dates, and they get nexted if they aren't liked and they get money based on how much time they spent with him. And this guy, who was in real great shape, the "stud of show", had slight case of gyne. You could see it clearly as he walked around without a shirt. But it annoyed me that all the girls could do, on public tv, was make fun of his "man-boobs" behind his back inside their bus.
He denied a girl as soon as she stepped off the bus and she made a comment about his boobs in front of him. Next shot, he had a t-shirt on and you could see his gyne sticking out..

I dont know, this guy apparently wasn't afraid of his condition, even though it wasn't that bad. But these are the kind of things, on TV, that cause people to diss "man-boobs" and for them to be seen as a social outcast/joke.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Ya man, I know what you are talking about. I had a mild/moderate case since I was 9 years old 17 now. And I was ridiculed so much in my time because of it and I just didn't get it. Well, for a long time I didn't get what was wrong but, I knew I had a problem. You are right about todays society. And yes I saw that episode of NEXT because that is an interesting show and always keeps you wondering what will happen next. That was rediculous that guy had a pretty mild case as well. And like all of the girls made a comment about his minor case. The guy was in great shape but, not good enough for them. I mean half the people on that next show have obvious flaws but, I don't see too much gyne on that show. He may of been one of the only guys I have seen with any gyne on the show. And general people reflect on that comment and some of those people that watch that show will then take those comments on the road with them so next time they see a cute guy they will check his chest out and if he has gyne won't look again. Gyne has definetely 100% affected my dating life. I even had a girl make fun of me in the entire class and it killed me. That was only 2 years ago. Now I am about a month away from surgery and I am not looking for perfection but, I don't want to hear a comment like that again oh you have titties. All the years of bs from general society because of a minor flaw was just bs. It made me angry inside and different. I felt abnormal as well. And to say it again you are right. Just that one action on TV can put that idea in 10,000 plus peoples head and make life more heckish for others with the condition. Some of us can't help that we have gyne. Also to say others can't help that they have a certain flaw. People just never grow up. Even my family who a lot are over 50 cut people down because of minor flaws. I don't judge a book by its cover and being that kind of person has helped me meet some very unique people over the years and made me more respectable. Now that my gyne will soon be gone that will be a small boost. I hated it. Just like my acne and when I beat that i felt half way normal.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Yeah that kind of thing annoys me too. But remember it is a TV show, those girls were probaby encouraged to speak about his boobs because it makes good tv.And the type of girls who go on that show sound awful anyways.
          There was a big brother on a while back on one of the contestants , Jason , was a body buider. Some of the girls started going on saying he had boobs, he didn't , as when he had his shirt off they were pecs deffo.He then got off with one of them who had been slagging him down.
         As for those girls well, wait a few years until they have a kid and things start hanging from their body that shouldn't believe me the last thing they will bitch about is a guys minor man boobs.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the offensive part to me is, mtv came on here once looking for guys to tell their story.  i never saw the show they made and they made it sound like it'd be sympathetic, but i didn't trust them, i knew they were going for the sleazy cheap freak shock.  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 06:00:13 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
It is not just Mtv all tv channels are getting like this.even British TV . ???

they have programmes all the time now about various upsetting problems like people whose faces peel off etc.or people who look like chubaca from starwars( it is no laughing matter though). or people with mental heath problems.

I suffer from BDD and there was a programme on channel four about peope who are mentally ill and they picked people who basically were mad in the classical sense. They didn't focus on people like me who has a job , not on any medication and apart from the gyne lives a normal life and has sorted himself out.
          The programme was disgusting and focused on them attacking each other in a ;'special unit'.I used to know so many people with depression and even wose problems who could have been featured ,who live normal lives and show mentaly ill people are not two headed.
But this is it , nasty tv sells ratings,so those girls attacking that guy over his man boobs is what people want to watch. I know from personal experience thatTv stations tend to protray things the way they want to and I suspect those girls may feel bad right now. although Iam not defending them.I can just picture the producer asking the girls what the guys 'flaws' were.Off camera.Maybe Iam getting cynical in my old age ;D (25)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:37:35 PM by Worrier »

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Media is shit.

I got layed all the time when I had man boobs. I just felt insecure about myself, the women didn't really care. What they noticed was my insecurity.

Now I have no boobs, and I can't find a good woman!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Now I have no boobs, and I can't find a good woman!

Dude....

The woman of your dreams will find U....   ;)

John...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:19:06 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
I saw it and you could tell he had it, though it wasn't a bad case. You could eaily tell by the giggling. For his frame though, I would try to get it fixed. It's like owning a car that is perfect except for this one medium dent. If you are gonna have the rest be perfect, might as well have it all be same.

I would forget what those girls said. I would fix it just for HIMSELF.

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
It's on again tonight at 2am. I'm goin' to record it just to see what you guys are talkin' about.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It's on again tonight at 2am. I'm goin' to record it just to see what you guys are talkin' about.

What channel?

John.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
John,

Channel 52 for cable

Offline Grandpa Bambu

John,

Channel 52 for cable

NW...

Thanks my man! I'm gonna check it out.....

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024