Author Topic: 15 hours post opp  (Read 8379 times)

Offline gc_scot

• Posting Member
  • Its done now!!
Well I just got home, stayed last night at a friends house couldnt really do much as I was still pretty groggy. Wanted to get this up before I forget.

The day went like this,
Got my times mixed up and instead of getting there at 11:30 for a 12 operation I got there at 1o:45 thinking I was at 11, had to wait for over an hour before i even went through. once I got there they where allvery nice, the anesthitist was cool, even told me he had a set of boobs too and you could see he was kind of curious, asking questions like when did I get them did I do drugs or steroids or did I have them all my life, I explained I had had them since I was 10 and blamed asthma steroids (what truth thhere is in that I dont know but I like it).

Anyway the jag in the arm and a warm blanket and thats all I remember untill i woke up in bed I have tapes srapped round me so tight I though I had been hit by a bus, the pain was quite intense so they gave something in my drip for that then it was a can of lemonade and back to sleep, woke up about 3:30 got dressed with help and had a sandwich, i was starving!!

They gave me a script for painkillers and antibiotics, which i got and started straight away, the painkillers where good but when they wore off you knew about it fortunatley they work fast, my last ones where 6.5 hrs ago thought I was not going to need to take anymore but feeling some sharp pains coming back so I will take another 2. they dont seem to make me groggy and I drove home from my friends this  morning small moves with the wheel but full control.

anyway not much I can say at the moment the surgeon took some photos and I will get some post op but i have to keep the tape and bandage on till i see him not alowed to change it just add to it, its going to smell!!

Anyone have any suggestions on washing techniques? and the other thing is should I invest in one of those commpression vests to weat over it?
thanks for your help!!
Patrick
p.s. dont let the pain thing fear you I have very low tolerance and its really not that bad.. I am sitting here typing with no problems
it is hard top picture what they look like as i cant see them but my chest is pretty flat allthough my fear is that when the bandages are takin off my breasts will pop back out, silly I know but silly time its all kind of sereal

Offline afflicted

• Posting Member
  • what?
good lukc mate, keep us informed on your progress...  :)

Offline mostro

• Posting Member
thanks for the info, it's much appreciated  ;D must be feeling a bit of anticipation now...

you can't change the bandage? i haven't heard of this mode of recovery before...

i remember i looked up compression vests on the net a while back to find out where i can get them from and for how much but i remember i couldn't find much useful info...

your comment on pain reminded me of what my friends told me about getting wisdom teeth removed... judging from all their different accounts, i thought it'd be the most painful experience ever... but when i actually had it done, it wasn't bad at all... i felt fine waking up from the anaesthetics, just a bit thirsty... i didn't even use any of the painkillers they prescribed for me for recovery because the pain was a "mild discomfort" at most...

Offline gc_scot

• Posting Member
  • Its done now!!
Nope cant change the bandage, they are taped on and they gave me a spare rol of tape to reinforce it which I have now used so I am going to buy more, want to keep it as tight as possible., got to wear the tightest t-shirt I own last night and it looks good, I walk past the mirror and have to keep pinching myself, even with the badages on i look much better, i am still worried about them falling out when the bandages comes off though!!

Offline afflicted

• Posting Member
  • what?
sounds like it was a success to me!  :)

Offline gc_scot

• Posting Member
  • Its done now!!
GOt the bandages off yesterday and dont know if I am happy or not, they are definatley smaller but still bigger than they should be and I cant imagine it would be that much swelling, I dont  have to wear anything not a bandage or compression vest which going on what I have read here dosent sound the norm,  I could probably tone up a bit and improve my posture to make them look smaller but I was definatley wanting something a bit more dramatic. can the swelling after 7 days bee that bad?? oh and he said he removed 220cc from each.

Offline afflicted

• Posting Member
  • what?
7 days would still mean there'd be a great deal of swelling mate.
i'm not sure if 120 cc is lots or not, but it sounds like quite a bit to me...

Offline gc_scot

• Posting Member
  • Its done now!!
Well im not too happy, I admit they are smaller than I what I started with but still unconfortable going topless.
Got my 6 month appointment with surgen next month and will discuss next step, as he only did lypo the next step is incision, dont know why he didnt do both the first time but who knows, he says the advantage is that they are smaller and xhanged shap i.e. nipple now pointing at the wall rather than the floor. so it should mean better recovery and better results.

Do you think I should change surgeon and get another opinion?
Or should I just stick where I am and hope the next time I will get what I want?

Offline target3

• Posting Member
Is he going to charge you if he operates on you again since you are not satisfied?

Offline gc_scot

• Posting Member
  • Its done now!!
I believe so.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024