Author Topic: Ever seen this Incision? Or reason to say not to Gen. Surgeons.  (Read 2145 times)

Offline mecca_00

• Bronze Member
Im in canada, where excision is covered when done by a general surgeon. This doc told me the incision would be like "--u--" << if that makes any sense (the incision would be along the lower HALF of the areola, as well as two ~3/4 in incisions extending into the chest skin from each end of the "semicircle" incision). Well...i was a bit amazed by this and said no. But can anyone who has seen a general surgeon tell me if this is the regular; is this how they are trained to do it? Thankfully i got him to give me a referral to a plastic surgeon, so i'll see how that goes.

ALSO! Does anybody know if plastic surgeons Canada (and in BC if you know any) have the excision covered by msp ??? << This would be a great help to me and iam sure for others as well.

Offline toaster

• Gold Member
Unless you have a massive amount of breast tissue (like C-cup or larger), the standard incision a plastic surgeon would use is "U" shaped along the bottom edge of the areola.  It usually doesn't even need to be so long as to go the entire bottom half of the areola.  The length of mine is maybe 1/5 the circumference of my whole areola, not 1/2.

The main other type of incision I've seen is a long mastectomy-type scar along the whole chest, which is usually only for maybe C-cup or larger breasts.  They may also have a smaller (maybe the length of your pinkie fingernail) incision just to insert a lipo cannula, placed a couple inches below the nipple and a few inches closer to your side (farther from your sternum).

I would avoid using a general surgeon at all costs.  I would also only use a plastic surgeon that does a gynecomastia procedure at least once a week, since for some plastic surgeons, this may be a surgery they're only asked to do once a year.

Look at the pictures on this site - you'll see most people have the kinds of scars I'm talking about, not one that looks like a side view of a cup & saucer.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024