Author Topic: 1 and a half years since surgery, still loose skin  (Read 3646 times)

Offline dodgygardener

• Posting Member
hey everyone, had my surgery in june 2006. i was a pretty severe case. weighed 14 and a quarter stone at 6'3" tall, so a bit over weight. Ive got done to 13 stone now and my skin hasnt really tightened much. since the surgery ive had a few girlfriends and they both made comment at some point, not in a maliscious way, but in a jesting way. still its a drain on my confidence. has anyone any ideas how i can help this along? i go to the gym at least once a week, but havnt really seen much improvement

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Buddy training once a week is not going to do anything for your lose skin I am knew to this board but if there is one thing that i can give advice on is nutrition and exercise. So when you say lose skin I am taking it as the only place that you have it is around the chest.

Ok well lets take a look at the other factor you are down to 13 stone from 16 this means that there is a lot of fat lost aswell. So what you really need to do is try and bulk those muscle up get the muscle as big as they can I know you are worried about you overall weight but the things is the more muscle you have the more callories it takes to maintain so therefore the more muscle the more fat you will lose and faster. But by building the muscle in the upper body you are going to resolve most of the lose skin.

So the next thing is what training to do well in most cases to build muscle you will have stop doing cardio concentrate on weights only and prefferably free weights. And a different muscle group each day so lets say
Monday arms Bicep,Tricep
Tuesday Chest
Wed Back
THurs Shoulders
Fri Legs

I know that you are not worried about your legs but you do not want a massive upper body and no legs to show off.

The next thing is nutrition I will really need to know what you way in pounds or kilos to e able to help you out here I will be able to work out the calories that you need to build muscle and what foods you are going to need. But as a start you need 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat that is general rule.
Really easy actually I will give you a easy way of counting calories.

Protein 1gram of protein has 4 calories
Carbs 1 gram of carbs has 4 calories
Fat 1 gram of fat has 9 calories

You need to consume enough of these food sources each day to supply your body with energy but also supply your muscles with the nutrition they need to grow.
When it comes to these food souces it has to be clean foods protein things like egg, Chicken, Steack the list goes on. Carbs stay away from sugars and eat clean carbs things like brown rice, pasta, bread. Last but not least fat you need good fats things like omega 3, olive oil once again the list goes on check out this site WWW.BODYFORLIFE.COM it was a great souce of information when I first started to train. There is a full list of foods that are good for building muscle. Please come back with your weight in kilos and I will tell you your amount of calories that you will need to build the muscle and get rid og the unwanted lose skin. And also any other questions that you might have.

Offline dodgygardener

• Posting Member
cheers for the reply mate

weighed myself there at 83 kilos. i had thought that id need to bulk up actually and ordered 1kg whey protein and 300g creatine there the other day. nutrition wise im pretty bad. i dont get as much protein as i should, im a student and meat is expensive... but i spose if i eat eggs for breakfast and get a gd piece of meat for tea, with the whey protein, i shouldnt be too badly off?

main probelm is the free weights... i havnt done em before, we've a new gym opened at uni here too, so i'd like to know the best exercises... i usually do cardio and the weight machines around just. have loose skin on my stomach and hips but not as bad, so if u no what exercises to hit that with? i was doing 150 odd situps each night a year ago and made little gain.

DrBermant

hey everyone, had my surgery in june 2006. i was a pretty severe case. weighed 14 and a quarter stone at 6'3" tall, so a bit over weight. Ive got done to 13 stone now and my skin hasnt really tightened much. since the surgery ive had a few girlfriends and they both made comment at some point, not in a maliscious way, but in a jesting way. still its a drain on my confidence. has anyone any ideas how i can help this along? i go to the gym at least once a week, but havnt really seen much improvement

Loose skin can be a major problem after massive weight loss..  When there is loose tissue both lower body and upper body, sculpting the coarser lower tissue first permits a more accurate areola position.  A

Lower Body Lift addresses the loose skin around the lower body and usually includes a tummy tuck, thigh lift, leg lift, and buttock lift.  Take your time to check out the entire section showing the problem of loose skin, the movies before and after surgery.

The drooping male chest after massive weight loss typically needs some form of Skin Reduction Chest Lift Surgery.  The extent of surgery depends on many factors.

For those still losing weight or needing to hold off before considering surgery, Non-surgical Body Shaping Garments can help as an emotional support.  It can be rewarding seeing the expression on patients as they first put on one of these garments to help deal with the loose skin issues until they are ready for surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominal Sculpture

Offline dodgygardener

• Posting Member
thanks, but im 21 years old and im in debt enough because of the first op. im not looking to be perfect, just to make my appearance as normal as possible.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024