Author Topic: PS says NO compression vest needed  (Read 2391 times)

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I went to my PS today for my first consultation, ive read a lot in this forums, and knew what i was talking abobut, the PS told me that i wouldnt need to wear a compression vest after surgery, only put some bandage around my chest for about 10 days, and thats about it......that my case wast so extreme, and it wasnt necessary, by the way, he is performing lipo and excision. If you want to see my pics go to http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12516.0.html

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:53:01 PM by monterojl »

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
Hey Bro,  to me it looks like your Gyn is VERY mild...  At first glance I couldnt even really see anything.  Only when I looked very closely I could see "something" that may be considered gyn to some.  You're pretty lean and in your case, a topical fat burner like yohimburn would probably work well...

BUT, that's not what you asked and you already decided on the surgery ;D So to answer about the compression vest, yes some PS's dont make you wear one.  The bandages will provide the compression that your chest will need after the surgery and likely you will be instructed  to NOT remove the bandages for the entire 10 days.  After it is removed, you can wear a compression garment i.e. under armour to keep swelling under control.  I would be willing to bet that your swelling and bruising would be minimal because it doesnt look like they will need to be very aggressive - on the other hand, everyone is different, so that may not matter and you may swell up anyways.  My gyn was moderately worse than yours, and I didnt have much swelling after my surgery and absolutely no bruising.  I did however develop some inner scar tissue under my right nipple and have been wearing a compression garment sporadically after massaging to see if it helps. I am 7 weeks out right now.

Hope that helps and good luck with the surgery.

DC

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
dcvet thanks for your response, i agree my case is mild, but its a littler worse than what the pictures show...anyway ive tried everything and nothing gets rid of the gyn, even yohimburn and nothing, i have even been leaner than that and still have the boobs, so i already scheduled surgery for january 5....im very excited....

Offline patientx99

• Posting Member
Because your lean, like me, i would guess its probably more gland tissue than fat. I had the gland excised, and a small amount of lipo. My PS said that i wouldnt really need a compression vest, but gave me one anyway. I did wear it because i wanted to do everything possible help my recovery.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
Because your lean, like me, i would guess its probably more gland tissue than fat. I had the gland excised, and a small amount of lipo. My PS said that i wouldnt really need a compression vest, but gave me one anyway. I did wear it because i wanted to do everything possible help my recovery.

How long did you wear the vest? Can i see before and after pics? Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024