Author Topic: A question about post op...  (Read 2765 times)

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Hi, as some of you know I got my surgery done on Wed. morning. Well, I haven't seen much of my chest, and I know it's still very swollen, but should there be an indent? On the left side, it's a little less swollen, and to the right of the nipple (toward the center of the body) there is a decent indent compared to the rest of my chest. Should I expect the rest of my chest to even out or should I assume this is something that is going to need to be corrected? I know it's hard to say much without seeing a picture (which I'll post on Sunday) but I was wondering if anyone had the same thing happen post surgery that evened out? I really can't afford to take any time off work for revision and the pain is bad enough right now as it is! I hate to even think about another one.

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
You should really give things at least a few weeks for swelling to go down and healing to begin. Post a pic if still concerned once you're 2-3 weeks post-op. Are you wearing a compression garmet?

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Far too early to tell mate. Give it a few weeks then re-evaluate. I am sure by then things will have settled down a bit but don't forget, it can take months to get to where you want to be at. Just have patience.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
DonnieO...

Sometimes the PS can remove too much tissue in any given area, creating a cavity. This can be corrected with a subsequent surgery.

However...

Give your body some time to heal. Be patient! You might be very surprised/happy with your 'healed' results....  ;)

Far too early to tell mate. Give it a few weeks then re-evaluate.

You'll need to give it 3 months minimum before passing judgment. Waiting 6 months would be best.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
DonnieO...

Sometimes the PS can remove too much tissue in any given area, creating a cavity. This can be corrected with a subsequent surgery.

However...

Give your body some time to heal. Be patient! You might be very surprised/happy with your 'healed' results....  ;)

Far too early to tell mate. Give it a few weeks then re-evaluate.

You'll need to give it 3 months minimum before passing judgment. Waiting 6 months would be best.

GB

Sorry, I didn't realise the extent of your surgery! After seeing your post op pics on the other thread, I would definately agree with Grandpa Bambu, 3 months min before evaluation! Good luck mate.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024