Author Topic: Hard lumps behind my nipple after surgery?  (Read 7197 times)

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Sup guys.

Well, I'm kinda worried. On my left side before the surgery, I didn't really have any hard firm tissue, just stringy tissue. Now after surgery, it's a big ball of something right under my nipple, the size of a half golfball. I know for a fact that it's not scartissue, because I've had it since the first day after surgery. Do you guys have any idea what it can be?

Thanks!

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
Well its not like the doctor left something in there.  I cant think of anything else other then scar tissue.  How long ago was your operation?

Offline MSJ108

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Well, now it's 8 days ago. But, it was the same lumps the day after the surgery aswell. I just think it's weird, because I didn't really have any hard lumps, just stringy tissue/fat.

Offline MSJ108

Well, now it's 8 days ago. But, it was the same lumps the day after the surgery aswell. I just think it's weird, because I didn't really have any hard lumps, just stringy tissue/fat.

only 8 days. prob some fluid and swelling in the area. If it starts to get really large I would contact the doctor. they may have to drain it.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

only 8 days. prob some fluid and swelling in the area. If it starts to get really large I would contact the doctor. they may have to drain it.

Thanks man for your input.

The size is still the same. I just wonder what it might be, hehe.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Ryan, you could have a hematoma.  Have you seen your PS since surgery?  I had a patient a few months ago develop a hematoma and he never called me when his left chest started to swell.  If it's a hard or firm ball, it could be a solid blood clot.  Nothing to worry about, as long as it doesn't continue to grow.  Blood clots typically liquify over 7 to 10 days and the body resorbs the old blood.

It could be something else, but if you've had it since Day 1 postop, you have to think blood. :(

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14138.msg98661#msg98661 date=1210964961]
Ryan, you could have a hematoma.  Have you seen your PS since surgery?  I had a patient a few months ago develop a hematoma and he never called me when his left chest started to swell.  If it's a hard or firm ball, it could be a solid blood clot.  Nothing to worry about, as long as it doesn't continue to grow.  Blood clots typically liquify over 7 to 10 days and the body resorbs the old blood.

It could be something else, but if you've had it since Day 1 postop, you have to think blood. :(

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Thanks for your input doc. Yea, hopefully it's a big blood clot. I'll keep you all updated how it goes.

Thanks, once again.

Offline MSJ108

Thanks man for your input.

The size is still the same. I just wonder what it might be, hehe.

you got it man

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024