Author Topic: question  (Read 2713 times)

Offline pw1232

Hello
I am 23 years old and have never had this problem.  Roughly 3 months ago my breasts and nipple area began swelling, becoming tender, and developing hard tissue beneath them.  It is quiet noticable in the mirror.  I have seen an endocrinologist because the hormone part of my blood test was abnormal.  He says it is likely he will be unable to discover the cause of my gynecomastia, and that this is a peculiar age to be getting it at. 

I am unable to figure out what may cause this, but would like to ask you all if there is a possible connection here, as I do not know much of this sort of thing. 

maybe 2 years back I injured my lower back.  I am honestly not sure how this happened but i woke up one morning and my legs, groin, and all around that area just felt crazy.  Any how a few months down the line it felt much better.

I moved to a new city 9 months ago, and began working graveyard shift. I have been getting sick much more frequently than i did in the past.  It seems when i get sick my injury comes back for about 2 days.  i know it effects my testicles and various things in that region and i am just wondering if anyone thinks there is a possible connection.

thank you for any help.  I apologize for such a long message.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In may cases, the cause is unknown...  It's called 'Idiopathic'...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

Hello
I am 23 years old and have never had this problem.  Roughly 3 months ago my breasts and nipple area began swelling, becoming tender, and developing hard tissue beneath them.  It is quiet noticable in the mirror.  I have seen an endocrinologist because the hormone part of my blood test was abnormal.  He says it is likely he will be unable to discover the cause of my gynecomastia, and that this is a peculiar age to be getting it at. 

I am unable to figure out what may cause this, but would like to ask you all if there is a possible connection here, as I do not know much of this sort of thing. 

maybe 2 years back I injured my lower back.  I am honestly not sure how this happened but i woke up one morning and my legs, groin, and all around that area just felt crazy.  Any how a few months down the line it felt much better.

I moved to a new city 9 months ago, and began working graveyard shift. I have been getting sick much more frequently than i did in the past.  It seems when i get sick my injury comes back for about 2 days.  i know it effects my testicles and various things in that region and i am just wondering if anyone thinks there is a possible connection.

thank you for any help.  I apologize for such a long message.

The hormone axis for potential male breast gland growth is quite complex and sometimes difficult to find actual causes.  However, careful investigating can really pay off when the source is discovered.  For many, stopping the stimulation can not only take away the discomfort, it can help minimize the chance for recurrence.  It is even better when the stimulation is removed and the gland shrinks on its own.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024