Author Topic: unilateral vs. bilatteral... which is better?  (Read 5129 times)

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
what kind do you guys have? which do you think is bettter/easier to live with??
i have unilatteral in my right breast. there is practically no trace of it in my left. i think there are pros and cons to both types of gyne....
i think that it is easier to hide it when it is just unilateral. when i am sitting down, i can just lean one way and put my right arm over my chest kind of... but there is also stricter limitations to where i can take off my shirt (i have never taken my shirt off in public since my gyne has become severly noticeable, about 3 years)... if you have bilatteral, it seems that if someone sees they would think, "oh he just has big boobs", but if its unilateral like mine, they would think "what the f--- is wrong with your chest??"""

but anyway,,, i am scheduled for surgery aug. 20 and am really excited..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:53:50 PM by tttdone »
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline patriot389

• Posting Member
me too man, I have it only on the right side.  I would always find myself subconsciously covering the right side of my chest with my right arm.  So in some aspects it may be easier.  I have had it for a few years now, and have never had my shirt off for the same reason you mentioned.  I have surgery scheduled for next month, and I also can not wait.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Unilateral or unequal Gynecomastia is very common.

To the man who has it, I doubt that there is much difference between unilateral, unequal, and bilateral equal except that equal would probably be easier to ignore unless quite large.
Grandpa Dan

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
Pic of it? Because im not sure if i have the same thing or not and i jsut wanna be sure, my left seems bigger and more firm than my right

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
That looks very similar to mine, only not so large, and on the left side.

I have that distinct roundedness underneath the pec, , which is ~1/2 inch lower than the natural bottom line of the other side.

You definately have gyne, and a skilled PS could do wonders for you.

I have a bit of a belly on me still, so I suppose bilateral would blend in a bit better with my current phisique. The more severe/large the gyne, the more BOTH types are just as noticable IMO. I can kinda explain mine away as "I need to drop some body fat" and "It's always like that, I even out when I'm leaner".

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you have bilatteral, it seems that if someone sees they would think, "oh he just has big boobs", but if its unilateral like mine, they would think "what the f--- is wrong with your chest??"""

Yeah, if anyone saw your chest... I'm sure the reaction would be 'WTF?' However, whether it be uni or bi, I'm sure the guys inflicted almost never take their shirts of anyways. Therefore, it doesn't really matter.

but anyway,,, i am scheduled for surgery aug. 20 and am really excited..

Congrats and good luck to both you and patriot839!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024