Author Topic: Well it turns out my surgery may be covered by the NHS. I got a few questions !  (Read 2917 times)

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Well I was about to pay 3600$ and take my own loan out and pay for this because I got tired of waiting around for my parents to have the money to pay for this, and then I found out that I may be eligible to get this operation for free. My mother called the doctor's office and one of the ladies that answers the phone had said that her son just got the procedure done, all he had to tell the doctors was that his tissue was tender and it hurt a bit. Well my tissue is sensitive and while my gyne may not be enormous (I am 6'5 197lbs, 14-18% bodyfat and my gyne fills my palms), it is still apparent. Well the other good thing going on my side is that not only are there physical problems (tenderness) but psychological issues too. For the past 4 years (i'm 19) I have constantly had to look at every mirror or window I see just to make sure they aren't sticking out. I can't ever be comfortable everywhere I go and I'm always stressed out about the way I look. The big problem is also the lack of confidence. Not to sound like a jackass or anything but I'd be getting with girls left and right no problem if it weren't for the fact that I'm embarassed about my condition and worried that once the lights hit and the clothes come off then it's all downhill once she gets a grip on those titties. Anyway I sort've drifted off onto another tangent, but here's my main question:

If I get the procedure done under the NHS through my actual hospital, do they have a real board certified plastic surgeon who does the procedure or is it just a general surgeon? I do not want to risk it with a GS and be turned into Frankenstein.

Thanks a lot guys, and if you guys want to share how your life has been affected or certain aspects such as confidence level, then go for it I'd be glad to conversate and learn other people's stories. It sucks knowing how much potential for fun I could be having but I'm held back by this bullshit yano?

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Well that must have been a typo, I am 6'5" and have been this way since last time I checked up at the doctor's office (quite a few months ago).

Any insight to the original questions??

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
And also I am unsure....I just said NHS because I've seen it been thrown around this website a lot when referring to your own hospital taking care of the problem instead of going out to see a private surgeon.

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
What are you talking about? I wasn't being rude at all. I asked simply for anyone to answer my original questions I had imposed, I don't see any insults in that at all? Not to mention you noted my height and not really answering my questions in the first place, so I don't see me "being rude to people trying to help you."

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Ahhhh.

Well my gyne has been the same size for a long time now, I think I'm in the clear. Thanks.

Does anyone know about the surgeon situation?

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Sorry man when I say "ahhhhh" I mean it with an enthusiastic tone, sorry I can't completely convey my emotions over the net.

I am appreciative of your help, no need to nitpick each post as if I'm not man.

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Again sorry if I have come off as a bit of an ass, I really do not mean to be that way.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
tttrolled...

'Who' the are you talking with? Harvey?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It seems that you are having a conversation with yourself...  :-\

GB

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
lol yeah it does look like you're conversating with yourself

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024