Author Topic: Dichatemy  (Read 1840 times)

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
Is it morally wrong of me to want gynecomastia surgery? Is it shallow of me to want gynecomastia surgery? How can I spend 6000 dollars on a asthetic and cosmetic issue when that money can be put to such better use? Some people are born ugly, if they could help it should they get surgery and become what society says is "beautiful". Sure Id love to be titless as I am pretty happy with my other features of my body? Where does it stop should I get more cosmetic surgery done after this? I mean hey why not "its my money, body, and life". But then again would I would I ever even think of having any type of cosmetic surgery if I didnt have gynecomastia? Probably not. There has been times in my life where I thought I couldnt live with breasts, but I would definately say I have grown and matured since then (In regards to mental age). How could I ever really spend the money if its really just a shallow reason...sure it would be great to not have breasts but 6000 dollars? really? I shoudlnt even really be spendidng so much time on this site or even be thinking about my boobs...or should I?

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Nicely done, we have all had these thoughts.  But understand, both thoughts you pose have been forwarded by society.  Your gyne is "not good" and cosmetic surgery is "vain." (those ideas did not originally come from you)  My question is, if you had a mental disease and could take a pill for it, would you.  Drugs involve risk-- your mental problem is what god gave you-- you can live with it--drugs can add  upfinancially, even more than surgery.....(so therefor you should not take them?)
In reality, you don't want to fix your chest, you want to fix your brain.  You want to stop the daily thoughts, the embarassment, the nagging hand that stops you from doing so much.  These are mental blocks, not physical problems:  however, changing the physical can eliminate the mental.  Much like a drug changes physical chemical imbalances, thus fixes the mental aspects.  Bottom line:  If you can fix your mental problem without surgery, by all means do not have surgery.  However, if you, like me, have tried everything to clear your mental issue and nothing has worked, and you don't want to live a life in the shadows of your gyne--hiding--avoiding--then by all means have it done!  You can always replace $6,000, but can you replace all the experiences you lost, all the fun things you avoided--the memories?  Think about it...

PS:  14 days post and can't wait for the summer, can you?

Offline mezwell

• Posting Member
  • hey
its for your own peace of mind you do it,or dont do it, whats right and whats wrong,if you feel brainwashed then dont do it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is a personal matter and each man must make the dicision for himself.

Ultimately, there is not one answer that is always right or always wrong. There is, however, only one answer that is right for you.

Since you are questioning your own motives, perhaps the right answer at this time is "not yet." Remember that you are not eternally bound by such a decision and you could always change your mind later.

It is not necessarily vanity to want to look your best or simply to fit in socially.

Do not allow yourself to be pressured either way.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
hell no. 

is it wrong for charities to solicit money for cleft palate kids, are they just "vain" too?  should iraq vets coming back minus a leg or two just spend their prosthetics money instead on hunger programs, because they could get around in a wheelchair, at least they're still alive, and they should stop "whining"?  hell frikkin no. 

it's not wrong to not want all your teeth to fall out, that adds up to the price of gyne surgery before long too. 

i think i could do a lot more for the world with my life back and helping it later than giving it six grand and living in misery for the rest of my days.  i don't have it now, but someday i plan to. 

if it lets you live your life in peace instead of misery, it's cheaper in the long term than therapy or god forbid cleaning up after, in extreme cases, suicide. 

i don't demand to live in luxury.  but even if i find a way to help others someday later, i claim the right to be free of gyne.  charity begins at home first. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024