Author Topic: <cant think of a title>  (Read 2559 times)

Offline modest

Hi..

I'm 17 years old.. and i noticed that i was starting to develop breasts around 6th grade..

i live very close to a beach, and because of gynecomastia( what i think i have), i havent been swimming in about 3-4 years because i am so ashamed and tired of being teased. it's caused my great depression, even when my cousins joke around about it

i think it's partly because you could consider me overweight (5'8" 170-175lbs - not muscle).. last year my doctor told me they would go away soon..

i've been exercising and trying to eat healthy and lifting heavy objects since i cant afford a weight set or to go to a gym :o|

i dont feel comfortable talking about it with anyone.. even my own mother.. i go to get a phsycal this year in sometime september

this post may seem a bit choppy, but this is really tearing me up emotionally, i dont have any close friends anymore, i never go anywhere, i dont hang out with anyone, i dont even try to pursue girls..because i am so self conscious about my appearance, i slouch, which then causes me back pains. also if i were to pursue surgery.. im not quite sure how we would pay for it.. we already live with my aunt.. and my mom barely makes $25k tyring to support 2 kids.. I am definitely hoping that this is just attributed to my weight.. but when i do shred the pounds.. will the tissue still be there? i just want to be able to go outside with my shirt off and not be ashamed :-/

yea, enough with my blabber  :-/

p.s. i dont recall every experiencing pain.. and i think that i started puberty pretty late.. i still have mustache peach fuzz..and like 2 hairs on my chin
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 09:34:39 AM by modest »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Where's your dad? I assume he ran out on you, like mine did to me.

Call up the slouch and tell him, "Lood Dad, you ran out on me and never help with the bills or anything. How about stepping up to the plate and helping YOUR SON with a big problem?"

I'm sure your Dad can swing the $5K for surgery if he has half a heart.

PS. If your Dad has passed away I apologize.  ;D

Offline modest

no he didnt pass away, yes he left us when i was around 8/9 years old

and no.. i am not certain, but im pretty sure he has no money

but i think what i am going to do is try and save up some money ( i make min wage) and buy a cheap weight set from Sears, and continue to do pushups and situps (crunches) every day.. and lifting my computer tower :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 10:33:45 AM by modest »

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
Youll drop it man. Computer towers are not gym equipment.

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

Hahaha ruggedtoast, that made me laugh a bit. And yes, rugged  is right, computers towers are NOT gym equipment hahaha, well they could be, obviously.

Offline jalita

• Posting Member
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through so much emotional turmoil over the situation. I know it's difficult but the best thing you can do for yourself, even if you don't get surgery right away, is to start taking good care of your health. Try to lose the weight in a healthy way (any type of cardio works wonders), you'll still look better, and feel better, even if your gynecomastia persists.

And I would caution you to go after your absent father just to ask for money. It's not necessarily the best way to handle a relationship that has been inactive for years You may have to accept living with it for a while but you don't have to let it rule your life. You're a worthwhile person and you have time to plan what you're doing to do about it. Once you start to lose a little  weight, you'll see your self-image really start to improve and you'll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been there too. Good luck.

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
My absentee dad usually tried to hit me for cash.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through so much emotional turmoil over the situation. I know it's difficult but the best thing you can do for yourself, even if you don't get surgery right away, is to start taking good care of your health. Try to lose the weight in a healthy way (any type of cardio works wonders), you'll still look better, and feel better, even if your gynecomastia persists.

And I would caution you to go after your absent father just to ask for money. It's not necessarily the best way to handle a relationship that has been inactive for years You may have to accept living with it for a while but you don't have to let it rule your life. You're a worthwhile person and you have time to plan what you're doing to do about it. Once you start to lose a little  weight, you'll see your self-image really start to improve and you'll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been there too. Good luck.

You could always go after your dad for back child-support.  ;)

I mean,  he did bring you into this world... why should he not take any responsibility for your well-being?

Find out what your State's laws are on child-support. Many states, including CA and TX, allow you to go back indefinitely (no statute of limitations) and collect back child-support plus interest.

IMO, any father that walks out on his children and never makes contact with them is scum. My father is such. It has made me so committed to being the best father in the world for my kids.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The Doctor said they would fo away soon,  Though what he meant by soon is not likely what you thought he meant.  The good news is that they should go away by the time you are twenty. The bad news is that they might not go away and even if they do it could take a few years.  

For some of us, Gynecomastia runs in the family.  It could be in either side of the family.

While I would hesitate to say you are obese, you are about three inches too short for your weight.  This can be an issue in Gynecomastia for several reasons.  First, obesity is common in a very large number of people who have gynecomastia.  Second, under some conditions, testosterone is converted into estrogen in the fat.  And, some of us are simply more likely to have heavier than usual fat deposits in the breast area.

Weight control will reduce the breasts slightly, exercise will have little to no effect.  Both are encouraged because they will contribute to your overall health and wellness.

Not all divorced dads are deadbeats, I was a custodial parent with Five children who married a custodial parent who had Three chrildren.  

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024