Author Topic: Differing Reactions to Andractim  (Read 3593 times)

Offline Boobs

• Silver Member
From what I understand, most people seem to face fatigue while on Andractim. For me it seems to be the opposite. I feel like I am running with more endurance/stamina and I feel like I'm lifting more weight in gym. What's the explanation for this?

Offline Boobs

• Silver Member

Offline hypo

A) Placebo effect

or

B) Placebo effect coupled with high testosterone levels to start with which would mean little to no fatigue

Or

C) You have hypogonadism so it actually represents an improved hormonal picture.

If it is B) then it is also worth of note that although dihydrotestosterone has little anabolic action apart from in the abdomen and legs where there are a great many DHT receptor sites, but it was used for many years by the East German Olympic team because it improved competitiveness.

Perhaps it has just made you push harder.

I am not interested in lifting weights, but they are the observations based on the facts.

You shouldn’t be self medicating this when you can get it as treatment for your gynecomastia via the right doctor.

If you are self medicating make sure you use the PSA test, do not use more than the dose stated and tell your gp after its use.

Offline Boobs

• Silver Member
Well legs is mainly what I was shootin for here. The weights might be a placebo, but I was definately haulin the last couple days on my runs. And no, I don't have hypogonadism.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:56:23 PM by Boobs »

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
I thought andractim was working for me in the beginning for awhile, but i'v come to the conclusion it hasn't done anything, and i'm almost done the 2nd tube. i'm 16 and have been serious about bodybuilding lately and this totally crushes me, it's amazing what even a somewhat minor case can do to an individuals confidence and self-respect, this shit literally affects all aspects of my life in some way. i hope some day some scientist/doctor/endocrinologist finds out a way to totally prevent this from happening or make some miracle drug that will take it away, because i'd never want anyone else to go through the pain that this causes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 03:37:10 PM by kindherb42 »

Offline hypo

Those who suffer from fatigue are more likely to do so because they have a lower level of free testosterone.

Testosterone is required for stamina and Andractim whilst improving an individuals overall androgen status to combat estrogen and gynecomastia, does lower testosterone whilst on treatment in the short term.

Levels return to near pre treatment levels within two months of ending treatment as has been shown in various studies.

P.S

Make sure this is used via an endocrinologist or under a doctors guidance.

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
is taking an anti-estrogen neccessary when coming off of andractim? will the estrogen levels rise back faster then the test levels?

Offline hypo

kindherb42,

No using an anti estrogen is daft- estrogen is already lowered by Andractim.

The reason

Testosterone levels are lowered which reduces conversion to estradiol, Andractim/dihydrotestosterone is raised but it cannot be converted to estadiol- therefore estradiol is very low.

When Andractim medication is stopped testosterone begins to rise to previous levels and estradiol returns to a normal range- no rebound effect.  

The result is supposed to be that if the gynecomastia was glandular from a previous hormone imbalance it will be reduced/resolved and that upon resumption of normal hormone status the imbalance is no longer an issue as it was in the past and so gynecomastia shouldn't return.

The only way it would return would be if A) the temporary hormone imbalance is still there or that B) that there is an underlying condition causing the imbalance.

There are to my mind virtually no cases of gynecomastia returning/developing in those who have reductions/resolution who do not have a temporary imbalance or underlying condition with Andractim.    

I thought you were using this under a doctor’s guidance?

If you are just blagging and self medicating that is not good and in talking about anti estrogens you are just losing the plot.

I mean this with the best of intentions- get a grip.

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
My mother works at a dr's office and the dr she works with has taken blood samples from me before the use and said my hormones were normal and she's been asking me if it's making me feel different and everything and if i'v noticed reduction or anything. i'm going to just finish off the andractim there's like a half tube left from the 2nd one and then get my blood taken again to make sure they are returning to normal. i come to this forum for answers because sometimes i actually feel like i know more about this condition then some doctors, and a lot of the guys on here have more knowledge of it.

i mean at one point the doctor was trying to say it's a muscle knot. i said no it's glandular tissue and they were telling me stuff and i had to keep correcting them, that felt like a waste of a doctors visit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024