Author Topic: Scared about root cause  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
I am 32 and I have had Gyne for as long as I can remember. Like many on this site I have procrastinated on doing anything about it, other than diet and excersise.  I don't have to guess, I know that I have gyne because I have gotten two seperate opinions.  I guess I am "not a small case", but also "not a big case".  I have finally decided to spend the money and get the surgery. I actually go in in two weeks.  I am having Vaser Liposelection done. It is apparently a newer technique that is less aggressive, which hopefully means less swelling, scaring, etc...

In doing more research on these sites I am now very scared that I may have some other root cause like a tumor or hormone problems.  Is this a given or can some people just have weight distribution problems?  I think I am going to go into my family doctor again to get a battery of tests, but I am wondering if I am being overly paranoid (which I have a tendency to be).

I am not comfortable posting pictures just yet as this is my first post. Assuming my family Doctor doesnt talk me out of it, my surgery is in two weeks.  At this point I intend to fully document my journey for other like me going through the same thing.

There is a little irony in my user name "lifes2short". Although I want to pretend it is two short to not get this resolved, I am scared to death that this is something more.

Would appreciate your comments. I would also like to get some ratio as to hormone problems, testicular tumors vs. just a little overweight and bad distribution.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the fact you've had it as long as you can remember to my unprofessional looking at it suggests something more benign, if it's possible to use that word in the same sentence as gyne.  the vast majority of cases are.  the hormone thing is not life-threatening, all it takes is a just long enough wacky stretch in the teen years and pow.  

hypo if he reads this is fairly competent on the subject, but your doc, if he knows gyne at all, should hopefully have a sense of the kinds of things to look for anyway.  

short is relative, but i spin your handle as life is too short to be cursed with this stuff forever.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'll add a ditto and an amen to what was said by hhh.

Hopefully Hypo will weigh in on this also.

Since you've had the condition so long and presumably it has not changed in a long time; you probably have more pressing things  to worry about. Even so, a complete check-up is a very good idea.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bookseller

• Posting Member
  • Lap Band 3/2006, losing weight FAST.
I agree with the "let's not worry" dudes.  I asked for a pathology report also, as I was freaked that I had man-boob cancer.  Report came back cool.  Now I have a hard lump of scar tissue one year post-of, left lower sub-areola, and getting a tiny bit concerned again.  Doctor ASSURES me it's not cancer, just removable scar tissue.

I agree than man-boob cancer under 60 is pretty darned rare...
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, to them he gave the right to become children of God" --John 1:12

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The rarity of breast cancer should not lead us to ignore the possibility.

It always pays to check things out well.

You simply cannot put a pricetag on security or peace of mind.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024