Author Topic: Heredity ?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi,

I've noticed that me and my father have the same chest/boobs (we're both 5'10 and 180lbs approx). I've read here that heredity can be a big factor in gyne, my question is if it's my gyne is due to heredity  does that mean that it's a glandular case of gyne that I have?

Thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Because Gynecomastia usually consists of both fatty and glandular tissue, Yes generally.
Grandpa Dan

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
I would also like to say I think part of it is hereditary as well.  Though oddly enough, I have it from my father but my brother has a flat chest.  He was also a lot more athletic than me growing up as well so maybe his hormones developed better?

Offline flex1appeal

There is no such thing as "fat" only gyno. All gyno has some component of gland. Dr Bermant said it himself in a recent post.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hi,

I've noticed that me and my father have the same chest/boobs (we're both 5'10 and 180lbs approx). I've read here that heredity can be a big factor in gyne, my question is if it's my gyne is due to heredity  does that mean that it's a glandular case of gyne that I have?

Thanks

I don't think it necessarily means you have a glandular case.

My gyne was 90% fat as was my fathers.

Offline boomheadshot

• Posting Member
My gyno was pure breast tissue just as my dad had. He was thin just as I am yet still had puffy nips.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
i think it has alot to do with yr diet and fitness when growing up.  i was lazy growing didnt do much exercise, etc.  my brother was more atheltic played sports and has no gyne, and a very athletic figure
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
my doctor told me having the gland is purely genetic, just like getting freckles.

both my dad and i are the slim athletic type and developed puffy nips at puberty
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i dunno, neither my dad nor my brothers has it, and mine's a gland case.  i think it could predispose you but not guarantee it.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Facts

Gynecomastia can be due to hereditry and genetics

Gynecomastia is NOT always do to hereditry or genetics

Anything that leads to a poor androgen to estrogen ratio can cause gynecomastia, this includes disease, accidents and medications.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024