Author Topic: For those who had hormone tests...  (Read 2419 times)

Offline rcbrown23

I'm trying to compare results a bit...It could really help me out, and I'm sure it couldn't hurt others also. Particularly Testosterone, Estradiol, and DHEA-s. If anyone/everyone could look up your results and post, it would be great. I'll post mine first thing in the morning.

It may involve searching around a bit for those results, but please try.

Thanks      -Brown

P.S. I'm in the states, but I think with a little effort I can translate Europe's #'s.

Gine2D

I would consider good a Testosterone over 500 in a 300 to 800 range & estrogen E2 at less than 30 as good in a range of 20 to 52.

Low testosterone and/or high E2 can cause breast growth.  The ratio of T:E2 is messed up.

Everyone has a different optimum levels.

G

Offline hypo

I would consider good a Testosterone over 500 in a 300 to 800 range & estrogen E2 at less than 30 as good in a range of 20 to 52.  
Unquote

I partially agree, this is generally correct, but if you only get total/serum testosterone tested then you need an SHBG test as well.

The reason is that it is possible to have a testosterone level above 500 and be deficient in testosterone if you have a high SHBG level.  This is because SHBG binds to testosterone and makes it unusable in the body.

Low testosterone and/or high E2 can cause breast growth.  The ratio of T:E2 is messed up.
Unquote

Well worded, exactly.

Everyone has a different optimum levels.  
Unquote

Correct.

Other hormonal factors can also cause breast growth, such as poor metabolisation of estrogens because of poor liver function, low dihydrotestosterone levels, low levels of Growth Hormone- tested via IGF-1, genetic local estrogen action at the breast, excess aromatase conditions etc.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 04:07:13 AM by hypo »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024