Author Topic: Surgical Costs  (Read 1971 times)

Offline nanokenz

• Posting Member
It seems like one my medications for my bipolar disorder can have caused the growth in the left breast. Insurance won't cover a surgery if it was caused by medication. I've made too much progress with my disorder and finally found a medication combo that works that I don't want to try to switch my medication. However my growth is becoming more painful that I would be willing to try to pay out of pocket for its removal. Are there any resources out there that I can find the cost of a surgery to JUST remove the growth and no extra procedures done?  I assume it would be a mastectomy. Thanks

Offline xelnaga13

It seems like one my medications for my bipolar disorder can have caused the growth in the left breast. Insurance won't cover a surgery if it was caused by medication. I've made too much progress with my disorder and finally found a medication combo that works that I don't want to try to switch my medication. However my growth is becoming more painful that I would be willing to try to pay out of pocket for its removal. Are there any resources out there that I can find the cost of a surgery to JUST remove the growth and no extra procedures done?  I assume it would be a mastectomy. Thanks

Hey bro. Congrats on finding medication(s) that works for you, some never do. You are correct that insurance most likely wont pay for surgery while you continue the medication. It's likely that if you had the surgery it would regrow, because you didnt treat the underlying cause.

I would suggest going to an endo and getting blood work. If the medication is causing a hormonal imbalance and endo may be able to fix the imbalance.

Below you will find a link containing a list of all medications that cause gyno.

WWW DOT plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/gynecomastia_causes.html

Good luck! Make sure you update this thread when you figure out a solution. Doing so, paves the road for guys that have similar concerns.

Offline nanokenz

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply. I went to the regular doctor today for the follow up and he is referring me to a surgeon for what he wrote on the chart "painful gynecomastia". I have an appointment on monday 5/14/12 and will let you all know how it goes thanks for the support.

Offline nanokenz

• Posting Member
Forgot to mention endo findings were normal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024