Author Topic: buying bras  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
today was a great day, my wife asked me to help her buy new bras. the first ones in a long time. as has been talked about a lot of women dont know how to buy bras. I had to explain to her about rotating bras and that they need to be replaced every few years. she ended up buying 3 from herroom. thats a great start

Offline SideSet

Did she suggest any bras for you?

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
No I alredy have mine. she has been cpplain that hers lost support and were stretched . told her you need new ones she finally agreed. plus she has been getting a rash underneath from sweating there

Offline SideSet

So nice the two of you went bra shopping together. She get a fitting ?

aboywithgirls

That is wonderful that your wife sought out your advice for her bras.

My wife and I have done our bra shopping together for the past 20 years. It only makes perfect sense to bra shop together. We discuss our bras here extensively. We have wonderful discussions about what works for our shape, proper fit, sizing and even the fitting process. No matter what gender you identify with, bras are for breasts, period. 

When it comes to your bras, it is likely that only you and your significant other ( or your health care provider or fitter)will be the only ones who will see how you  look in your bra. For that, I think that bra shopping is best when you're doing it together. I can say that I have gone a couple times with the girls fom work but it was more of a get together outside of work than a serious "I need some new bras!" shopping excursion. 

Rich, I  am so happy that your wife sought out your advice and experience with something that is typically considered no man's land.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
thank you sophie. was really suprised how little she knows about bras and buying.I asked about it and she said she just gos to walmart or another store picks something out , I guess trys it on and buys it and she gettin comfotabl e about my bra wearing. she likes to see what I boughthow it fits and even what I look like init she also has no problem washing them or my panties and folding them when done. i put them awayThankyou for all the help and encouragment that you give everyone here

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
So nice the two of you went bra shopping together. She get a fitting ?
she, with my help bought them online at herroom. she knows her size, the old ones, very old stretched out

aboywithgirls

thank you sophie. was really suprised how little she knows about bras and buying.I asked about it and she said she just gos to walmart or another store picks something out , I guess trys it on and buys it and she gettin comfotabl e about my bra wearing. she likes to see what I boughthow it fits and even what I look like init she also has no problem washing them or my panties and folding them when done. i put them awayThankyou for all the help and encouragment that you give everyone here
Rich, you are sooo welcome 🥰🤗!

Bras are tricky! Finding the right size is only part of the equation. After you find the right size, then you can move on to the right shape and what style bra is going to  work best for my or my wife's needs?Do the girls sit right in the cups? Is there any gapping? Is the gore tacking the way it should? Then, how do my tops look and work with the bra? We haven't even talked about color or  material. There really is  alot involved with getting the right bra. No wonder most of us ( like 80%) are wearing the wrong size bra. It may just not be the right style, shape or design. 

Thank you for helping your wife and for your wife letting you help her. Two heads are better than one.

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
Rich, you are sooo welcome 🥰🤗!

Bras are tricky! Finding the right size is only part of the equation. After you find the right size, then you can move on to the right shape and what style bra is going to  work best for my or my wife's needs?Do the girls sit right in the cups? Is there any gapping? Is the gore tacking the way it should? Then, how do my tops look and work with the bra? We haven't even talked about color or  material. There really is  alot involved with getting the right bra. No wonder most of us ( like 80%) are wearing the wrong size bra. It may just not be the right style, shape or design.

Thank you for helping your wife and for your wife letting you help her. Two heads are better than one.
I've been lurking on the Reddit group A Bra That Fits, and I've learned a lot about bras and breasts. However, to me it seems that there's a lot of picky remarks when a person asks for a "Fit Check". Natural breasts are not perfectly shaped; there's always going to be some little wrinkling in lace cups. I've been trying on a fair number of bras to finally find a couple that fit my 36D girls. They're not perfect, but they feel right. ;)

Offline 42CSurprise!

Such is the nature of the beast.  Some among us keep talking about our having breasts "like a woman" but that is not generally the truth.  We have breasts like a MAN which means that brassieres designed for a woman's body will not automatically fit us.  And so we embark on the journey for brassieres that DO work with OUR breasts.  But we're creative, being men we love to solve problems.  And that is what we do as we search out brassieres that work for us... that enhance OUR breasts.  And we talk about the adventure here with other men who understand the challenge.  We try bras until we find those that work for us.  So be it.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
^ Bravo, 42C!

Offline 42CSurprise!

^ Bravo, 42C!
;D   I've been inspired by the men here, some of whom I ran into on other websites before I became aware of this website.  It takes a brave man to dive into these turbulent waters but it is actually a serious spiritual practice to learn self-acceptance in its myriad dimensions.  Confusion and shame are not happy companions in life.  Self-compassion and self-care will, however, be wonderful guides for life... including what to do when nature's abundance for some men includes breasts.  And we might as well have a bit of fun while we're at it... remembering that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... 8)

aboywithgirls

Hey guys!

Like I said before. A bra is the ultimate combination of function and fashion. For me, both are equally important. 

🤗🥰😍👙 
Sophie 

Orb

I feel everyone here can attest to the fact that bra wearing has evolved for them in some degree.  As I grew, grow.. change, I have a couple bras that quite frankly I'm amazed look that good & I fill.  They look amazing then I pause and have to reset and say I can't go out like that. I would call that my no can do in public bra.  I tone things down.  In my head I think its okay then to the outside, world why would I look so chesty when in a male body and have such features.  I know why but...present as male.
 Sophie,  did things change for you when you no longer presented as male?  Bra styles change? Attitude as to how others saw your chest change?  Not that your flashy,  you know what I mean.

Others.  42C? for you?  Perhaps its me.  Still not feeling that complete level of...confidence...inner peace with perceptions.

Good days and days that leave me feeling a bit...off.

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
Gentlemen, I don't know your tastes in styles, but I'm not one for utilitarian looks, and I most likely share Sophie's preference for bras that are both supportive and pretty. So, I'm slowly building a rotation of lace bras with side support. This is one of my newest, a 36D black Panache Envy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024