Author Topic: what to do  (Read 3278 times)

Offline harry123

• Posting Member
Well I saw my Gp 2day, and she recommended me 2 surgeons (Private) which are local and which she thought to be good, they are Mr Jag Chana and Mr P Cussons. I looked them up and found that they don’t as much experience as Levick, one by 10 years and the other by 20; someone also said on here they saw Mr Jag Chana and where unhappy with him as he didn’t seem to know what he was talking about. But I am really confused on whether to have it done locally or travel the distance to have it done by Levick. Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, would be very grateful, thanks.

Harry

Offline stevo_333

• Posting Member
I'm in exactly the same boat mate. After deciding against going to Poland I'm going to have a consultation with both a local surgeon and Dr Levick. Whoever I like the sound of better I will go with, even if it's Levick who costs £1500 more than my local surgeon. Probably best to go with experience, even if it costs alot more.

Offline harry123

• Posting Member
How long is the waiting list for Levick, just saw 2 months from consultation and hope its not that long.

Offline Koi

• Posting Member
I had my consultation, then rang back a few weeks later to book my appointment after I'd sorted some leave out in work, etc...

When I caled back the earliest appointment was in about 6 weeks time...

Best thing to do is get the ball rolling as soon as you can.

Offline harry123

• Posting Member
well booked my consultaion today for 1 week, so now i hav something to look foward too and hopefully in 2 months il be gyne free:)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
well booked my consultaion today for 1 week, so now i hav something to look foward too and hopefully in 2 months il be gyne free:)

Good luck Harry, most patients like Paul Levick.  However remember the surgery is the quick and relatively easy part.  The healing takes months and months.  However having said that you should be ok to wear T-shirts and all the clothes you couldn’t before, pretty soon after the op.  That is an amazing feeling of freedom and normality.

I’m 7 months post op and feel I still have a way to go to get the final result.  Patience is the key I’m sure.  In fact I’m seeing Paul Levick in a week’s time for my (late) 6 months post op check over.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024