Author Topic: Dr. Brown technique question..  (Read 3971 times)

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
  Just had some questions about his style of lipo and I know a few people here have had surgery by him.  He seems to think I don't need excision which dissappointed me a little but when I pointed out the (sometimes painfull) donut like build up of crap around the nipples that I wanted to be rid of he said that he will be removing some of that as well as fat because he breaks all that up with blades or something on the end of the wand.  I was under the impression that this chewed gum like stuff mixed in with the fat couldnt be removed with lipo?  It would be great if I could get out of this with no nipple scars.
  He's going to excise if neccessary but he think he wont have to.

Offline tripsz

• Posting Member
I know this a bit off topic, but how much is dr brown charging you?

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
   $3300 seems to be his standard rate.  The $100 consultation fee is refunded on the day of surgery.  I think a few people have had surgery by him but never posted again after. I take this to mean he's either really good or extremely bad. lol.
He is going to do whatever he has to during the surgery but he doesnt think I will need excision. I was a little aprehensive at the idea of not getting excision but after reading through the forum it seems ther have been quite a few people who havnt needed it and were happy with the results.  I have a lot of fat and hard tissue but nothing directly underneath the nipples. I assumed any hard stuff would need to be excised but Dr Brown said the hard tissue along with fat will come out too during lipo. 

Offline tripsz

• Posting Member
For some reason i think i need the excesion, but you never know. I have been researching this fourm for a while and i cant seem to make up my mind on which doc to go to. The info on bc doctors usually is outdated because generally our peeps are not really posting follow ups etc. I will eventually go see a doctor by august and hopefully have the surgery by the end of the year. BTW I have read many posts on how good fielding is, but leaving bc is not an option for me

Offline NoChance

• Posting Member
You do need the excision.  Dont let any Dr tell you other wise.  If you can feel a rubbery gland in there, no amount of lipo will help and you may make the problem appear to be worse by removing the body fat surrounding the gland.  From my own reasearch over the net and with Dr's for my own situation, I've found out that a lot of Dr's that do not specialize in this area, and do not have the ability to remove glands, have turned to lipo as a way of taking money from desparate guys.  If you search US threads, you'll see alot of these cases, where Dr's convinced patients all they needed was lipo and it solved nothing besides making the gland more visable.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
what kind of lipo technique does he use?it sounds like he uses the PAL lipo which is power assisted lipo,i agree to get rid of all gland he will have to do excision as well,he lipo is just to help contour the chest

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
I can't remember. I'll find out more. He said he fills the area with fluid and then goes to work.  I think he said there were blades on the wand or something and that he would be removing the hard tissue along with fat to make a flat chest. If it was necessary he would do excission.  In my case the hard tissue is all mixed up with the fat. It doesnt seem like it would be just a matter of making an incission and pulling out a big lump. I have nothing under the nipple, but all around it is fat and rubber.

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
  Dr Brown uses a Tumescent technique.  He said he fills the area with liquid and seperates the skin from the body so that it can be reset over the chest.  I'm not sure if all doctors do that or not but I think thats one of the most important factors.  It's like having carpet bunch up in one spot. You wont get great results unless you re-spread it over the area.  He also mentioned that his tools had blades or something so the hard tissue and the fat will be removed although he did say there will still be some tissue left. He says that taking everything out could leave indents and give a very unnatural appearance.
  The way I see it he's either making a mistake and going to leave most of the hard tissue in there which will suck, or else his technique is unique and he CAN actually take out most of the hard tissue without excising.  I've mentioned my concerns twice and both times he assured me that he didnt think he would have to do excision and that he will be removing hard tissue as well as fat.   The hard tissue I have is mixed in with the fat all over the chest and especially around the nipples.  To be honest I don't see how making an incision around the nipple could be of much benefit. In the videos I've seen they show a chunk of gland right under the nipple and then a cone of fatty tissue around it. I have nothing under the nipple. I can press my nipple down to the rib cage. It's the stuff around it (some hard and some soft) that needs to come out. If he can ram a propeller in there and mix it up and suck it out then that would be great.
  Basically the only reason why I'm going ahead with this is because he assures me with his technique he can remove hard tissue as well as fat.  I've seen that video on youtube where the dr shows how he goes in through the armpit and removes the hard stuff but I don't know if what I'm getting is a ground breaking technique like that or just run of the mill lipo being passed off as something special.
  If I do need revision I only have to pay for anesthesia but he thinks there is very little chance I'll need revision.

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
    Well he knows that I want the large mass of glandular tissue around the nipple out.  It's hard to feel through all the fat so he may be just keeping his options open until he get's in there.  I think it is possible to remove most of the gland with lipo but it just takes a lot more work. He knows that I'm concerned with getting the tissue removed and that lipo might not get it all so I have to assume he'll do what needs to be done. He's no stranger to excission and has a good reputation so I guess I'll have to volunteer as the forum gueine pig. I don't have the time or money to get the surgery done by anyone else and still get it this year. There seems to be a lot of people interested in how this turns out since every other doc in BC is at least $1000 more and less experienced. So far there have been no complaints on this board so we'll see.  I've had the f'ing gland in there so long it's probably attatched itself to my brain stem by now.  :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024