Author Topic: FAO Irishlad  (Read 5133 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
When you got surgery mate? Let us know///im 4th June

irish lad

i got surgery 6th of june so i might see u over their if your taking advantage of the 2 nights in hospital..

only round the corner now hopefully everything will go smooth for both of us ;)

i should of had surgery this week but i had problems with a loan but i got it sorted now but missed my may 14th date...

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
I am leaving on the 6th JUne, with my post op consultation on 27th June. Good luck man, only 3 weeks on Friday for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irish lad

ye 3 weeks fridAay.. cant wait starting to get a few nerves.. il probaly see you the 27th also.. are you getting the vest off then??

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
yeah, will be.................3 weeks tomorrow ill be on the table!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol....

irish lad

cool hope all goes well for you.. i mean june 27th isnt too bad that will fly and then you wont have to worry bout d vest! im pretty sure considering my op is 2 days later that i too will be getting the vest off the 27th!

Offline kingboob

ye 3 weeks fridAay.. cant wait starting to get a few nerves.. il probaly see you the 27th also.. are you getting the vest off then??

No need for nerves mate...... just make sure you have a few quid saved up for all the new T-shirts you are going to be buying....... no more extra thick jumpers worn in the middle of summer!

Honestly, I had 2 generals this year and I am going back 2 weeks today for another surgery....... the anastetic (spelling IS wrong lol..) is the best sleep you will never remember!

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Yeah, like king said, no need to worry. All going well it'll be one of the best decisions you've ever made. I am no where near fully healed and I was sat outside today with a beer wearing a new tshirt, that I would never have even looked at 3 months ago, with not a bother on me.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

irish lad

ye cheers lads.. im glad il be getting it done i mean at the moment here in ireland the weather is amazing belive it r not this being ireland lol, but today i nearly hit boiling point i just coudnt find a t-shirt to hide my gyne(some fit better than others) this really got me down..one of the things i most look foward to is not worrying about wearing a t shirt etc..

hpefully king it will be the best sleep ever but belive it or not an add came on tv today for a new film cant remember the name but its about a man who wakes up during surgery!! and he has to go through the pain supposably this happens!! a lot :( now this has got me a bit worried to say the least! good luck with the surgery king hope it goes well! are you going to benito??

good to hear jim you deserve it! i mean something so simple can mean so much to someone!its amazing..

can i ask does the vest benito give you give you a gyne look?? will you still look flat with a tshirt on??

cheers

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
How about you get a grip, Ross, and stop your nay-saying. No one mentioned 'tight' tshirts, anyway. I think regardless of age, most people would notice a boost in confidence and start looking at new clothes. It is no different to someone loosing a fair amount of weight and wanting to get new clothes.

Irish, my aunt is a nurse (up in Donegal), my mum was a nurse for 10 years and my cousin and her husband are doctors. That very topic came up the last time we were all over in Ireland for a birthday (made me nervous just before my surgery too), and my aunt said she gets asked by patients quite a bit about the risk of you regaining consciousness during surgery, but not actually waking up, and all of them are quite skeptical about it. For the amount of surgery that gets done under general every day across the world, only an absolutely minute fraction wake up, if any. It hasn't really been researched much and in all their years of being in medicine, it has never happened in any hospital any of them have worked in.

As for the vest, it doesn't give you a gyne look, and makes the chest look fairly flat, but you might be able to see the vest through the tshirt.

irish lad

nice one cheers  ;)

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
LOL nice one kingb, Ross does have a few issues but i think most off what he says is tongue in cheek i hope it works out for him.

Anyway i have bought about 6 tight T-Shirts since i had the OP in Feb! I've been into weights for the last 10 years so i have to admit i look ok in one lol

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Just received my consent form!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it is just routine, and 1000's have this operation, but it is a little daunting when you read about the possible risks, possibly fatal, infection , bleeding etc. 2 weeks tomorrow is my operation, getting a little nervous now. Any tips from anyone? Darrend?

Cheers

irish lad

mwalker... do they post it to you or email? because i havnt received mine and my op is 2days after you ???

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
Mwalker. These are on every consent form. They are absolute worse case scenarios and every surgery carries these sorts of risks. I once had surgery for ingrown toenail (a very minor op, in and out in 20 mins), and I still had to read a form saying one of the risks of the local anestheitic was death.

Mate, the risks of surgery are real and the form is there for a reason, but they happen so rarely that there is no need to get too worried about it. Hope you're not feeling to worries about it. Best thing is to talk it through with Dr. Benito.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024