Author Topic: Dr.Gelfant  (Read 2009 times)

Offline chico30

• Posting Member
I've lurked on this site for a few years and finally managed the courage to get my gynecomastia addressed. I am in BC(seems like there are a lot of us) and was curious if anyone had the procedure with Dr Gelfant or could recommend another BC doctor, or am I pretty much relegated to traveling to Ontario to see Dr. Fielding or Dr. Lista?

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Don't hesitate, spend the money and go with Lista. He's the best !

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
It's sad how there's such little information about gyne surgery in BC. There are a few examples if you sift through the back log (use the search feature) but most people usually go the Toronto route (myself included).

I'm sure a surgeon with even 1-5 gyne surgeries per month would be able to do a decent job (IIRC Gelfant does a few regularly). If you can't go to Toronto than just make sure you do your research before picking a surgeon (past pics should be a must).

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey man, I did a lot of research, and what I can tell you is, that out of 5 Dr's in BC, only one was cheaper than Fielding in Toronto, and that is including flight, which blew my mind. My total was 3000, including two trips to Toronto, for consult and then surgery. Hope that helps, let us know which way you are leaning.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
The problem with BC isn't so much that there aren't affordable doctors here. There are quite a few working at the public hospitals just like Fielding who will be able to do surgery for around $2000 (for lipo portion).

The problem is that here, if you want to go the public route you NEED a referral from a GP/family doctor (I've tried calling their offices before but they won't even talk to you if your GP hasn't referred you to them). This makes it even more tough finding the good public PS's since most GP's will only refer you to surgeons who they personally know or have experience with. Mine for example would only refer me to a Dr. Mian at surrey memorial (consultation wait time is over 2 months, another 9 for surgery after that... whereas I was able to get it done in just over a month with Fielding).

The biggest problem seems to just be the lack of experience though, there just aren't any that have close to that of Fielding and Lista.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024