Author Topic: Will I definitely get surgery?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
I've seen the GP, seen the hospital, and now have another appointment with a plastic surgeon next Thursday. I also received a 'health check questionnaire' to fill in. Have any of you guys ever been at this stage?

Also, have you heard of a Mr Srinivasan? It's him who I'm seeing
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
Yes, id say 80% on here have been refd to the NHS and been waved away by a surgeon

Seriously be prepared for bad news, because my GP was very positive to me and very helpfull. But the surgeon was rude and was basically telling me that there was nothing wrong with me. And that it was in my head.

Prepare a speech, and just tell him how much its affecting you mate. Remember you ALWAYS have the right to a second opinion dont get pissed off if hes trying to fob you off just stay calm and go back to your GP say you were not happy with the surgeon and youd like a second opinion. Ask members on here who have had treatment via the NHS what hospital they have used put in "Broomfield" into the search engine there is a lad on here who had surgery recentley via that hsopital. You can actually choose what hospital you visit with the NHS (I believe dont quote me on that!)

Remember, remain calm put your case forward and dont get angry if he starts fobbing you off. You ALWAYS have a right to a second opinion bud despite what he may say to you if he says no

I wish you the best of luck!
Chancer
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline thorne

• Posting Member
Hey, Im at the same stage as you, but Im currently on the waiting list and havent had a confirmed date to see my surgeon yet. I've heard on here that Im going to get bad news, which kills me tbh because Im so excited at the idea of finally having surgery to get rid of this problem Ive had for so many years, its ruined my teens and Im now 20 and dont want it ruining my 20's. I think we should work together and anyone else whos visited an NHS surgeon and had the op can help us in creating a speach of what we can tell the surgeon and how we can get him/her to allow us the op!

Offline thetodd

Hey, Im at the same stage as you, but Im currently on the waiting list and havent had a confirmed date to see my surgeon yet. I've heard on here that Im going to get bad news, which kills me tbh because Im so excited at the idea of finally having surgery to get rid of this problem Ive had for so many years, its ruined my teens and Im now 20 and dont want it ruining my 20's. I think we should work together and anyone else whos visited an NHS surgeon and had the op can help us in creating a speach of what we can tell the surgeon and how we can get him/her to allow us the op!

i am chancer btw, ive had to create a new account but to continue on what i said

on the whole the NHS will say unless youve got like C/D Cups, then its cosmetic! I mean the NHS is stretched up as it is and with all of these programmes on the TV making gynecomastia a hot topic (Extreme male beauty on c4 etc). And it being published in the papers, there has been a HUGE hike in numbers of lads having the surgery. That moneys got to be pulled from somwhere and i really think this huge hike in people wanting surgery, is going to work against you

here is a guy you might want to contact

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17298.0

He got it done free on the NHS, and it looks a good job. Get a reference to the BROOMFIELD hospital! You may have to travel but jesus im paying £4300 ... and traveling to london (long way away!)!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024