Author Topic: Decided against NHS - experience matters!  (Read 2626 times)

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:15:54 PM by niguy13 »

GynO_DuDe

Thats the difference between going to your run of the mill surgeon with the NHS & doing research and finding an experienced private surgeon....

To be honest, i'd phone up or write a letter with all your concerns/questions ... youve got what, 4 weeks? or so before the date, send in a letter with your questions and get as much info as you can. As a patient you have this right ...

ONLY THEN, if your happy, go ahead with it. All surgeons have their own method I suppose ... but the most common is an incision on the aereola OR via the armpit using a liposuction cannula that removes fat & gland. But that doesnt mean other methods haven't been done.

BUT, if I was you, I would save up to go private with one of the popular doc's WHY? because theyve got plenty of success stories & their patients are on this forum writing diaries and what not so you know exactly what to expect.

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
Thanks Gyno-dude for the reply,

I would love to go private and i recently applied for a loan to do this only to get knocked back. Ive thought about opening an ISA and putting £120 away each month which would give me enough for the op in a few years.

My main concerns is the fact that he wants to make an incision in an area that will leave a scarring. I think i could live with a bad (not botched!) job as long as the scar wasn't noticeable.

I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and put a few questions to him. I think the main questions to ask him will be

1) if hes ever done it before!
2) Where will he be making the incision?
3) Why has he booked me in for 3 nights? (Is this a precaution?? Does it signify a lack of confidence in his own ability)

Anyone else got any suggestions?

I'm wrecking my brains about what to do, something i've waited for so long to get rid of is now within my reach! On the other hand though i want a chest that looks natural and be able to wear t-shirts, jumpers etc

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:43:15 PM by niguy13 »

Offline thorne

• Posting Member
hey mate, im still waiting for my consultation with my surgeon. Can i just ask, how did you get him to allow you to have the op? I have big moobs but I dont want the surgeon to say "oh its all in your head" and make me leave. What did he ask you? and what info did you give him on how it affects you?

cheers!

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
Hi Thorne- in terms of getting the op on the NHS i simply done the basics- told them how it affected my life and confidence and most importantly perservered through numerous appointments and twice being knocked back by the surgeons. It may be embarrassing but if you tell them how much it affects your life and tell them you cant go on with it then they really aren't left with much of an option.

As I've said above my surgeon wants to make an incision on my normal skin rather than around the nipple - do you think if i ask him to do it on the nipple he would? That way if I'm not pleased with the results then at least i wont have a scar!

Anyone any experience of getting the op without incision around the nipple? Would the scars be worth it?

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
Just a quick update to say that i've changed my mind and i'm going to see Karidis 01/07 - going to be tough to scrap but i'm aiming towards the end of the year.

Time to start saving
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:43:34 PM by niguy13 »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Just a quick update to say that i've changed my mind and i'm going to see Karidis 01/07 - going to be tough to scrap together 4k but i'm aiming towards the end of the year.

Time to start saving

Good luck. You're in safe hands with Karidis.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

GynO_DuDe

Definitely in safe hands, and good choice ...

Fact of the matter is, the results/outcome of this surgery are going to stay with you forever, so instead of risking it with a amateur, regardless of the cost, save up and do it with a professional.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024